Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall Zafira 2008

Vauxhall zafira 2008 on board computer not activated

Hi everyone,
    I going to get straight to my problem.
    I bought my vauxhall Zafira 2008 last year from a trade.
    it was delivered to my house as the trader was from pool.
    I didn't know much about cars and what needs to be done when buying a car so when it was delivered i paid it off + a hand shake and the trader was off.
    As i drove it the following day, i discovered that the date was still reading Feb 2008. i didn't take so much notice as i knew i would update it later when i had time.
    3 weeks later, i made time to sort the clock out and discovered that the car had come with no manual, maintenance log, nothing.
    I thought it was not a big deal since we are in the google/ internet era where everything is on the net.
    When i bought the car it did not come with the original vauxhall radio system, the previous owner had changed it and put in an alpine system which came with a microphone installed by the drivers door overhead. i had no problem with that.
    When i visited my local halfords, one of the guys over there told me that the reason where the trip computer was saying 2008 was because it had not been connected /intergrated with the alpine system but if i bought a new system with the additional connectors the problem would be eliminated. so we did some figures and i bought a new pioneer system.
    The job of installing the new system was supposed to have taken less than 45 minutes but it ended up taking 4.5 hours and still they couldn't sort out the trip computer.
    It is such a long story that i got so frustrated that i contacted vauxhall to see if they could sort it out. They said it could not be done and even if it could they wouldn't do it since the car was now having a different radio system.
    I got so frustrated and tried to sell the car but i was not comfortable selling it in its current state( trip computer not working) so i called off the sale until this Problem is sorted!!
    With a lot of research, this is how i have ended up here, the place a friend of mine said "all CAN'T BE DONE issues get resolved.
    So i have a vauxhall Zafira 2008, had a new pionneer audio system with bluetooth but the TRIP COMPUTER of the car is still reading the dates and time of 2008 when the car was manufactured.
    I need some advice as to how to activate the on board computer so that it is up to date and coordinating /intergrated with the new pionneer Audio system.
    I

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You could try this

- switch your headunit off
      - press and hold the button arrowed in the picture for two seconds
      - the word "system" should then appear on the display
      - use the volume up/down wheel to cycle through the menu options. You need to do this slowly, the volume wheel won't work as quickly as the left-hand scroll wheel.
      - use the up and down keys next to the volume wheel to change the options/time/date
      - When you're finished, press down on the scroll wheel and you'll exit the system menu.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	astradieselsteeringwheepz1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	1853

Failing that, Tech2 / opcom can program the date.

Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vauxhall Zafira 2008
      Thank you Pecky,
      I will carry out the advice tomorrow and will update!!
      It is always great when you find someone with an answer or an idea of a solution to a question or problem.
      It is frustrating when people tell you something cant be done especially when you know it can by someone out there. thank you