Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra h

BennyB Z20LEL Red Progress Thread

Well hello and welcome to my progress thread.

After finally upgrading from my old corsa that I have been knocking around in for 4 years I have gone and gotten myself something a bit quicker. Phillip was modified on a serious budget, buying things off ebay or breakers. However i did pick up a Irmy front splitter for £20 with a front bumper attached from a breakers. Bit of luck there. Here he was on the last of his modification days.

Obviously here you can see I really like stickers and HUGE spoilers! Got that on the cheap as every other Corsa has the SRi spoiler. My rear lenses were wrapped in tights and the rear windows were tinted by myself on a very windy day.

Weeks of complaining about the non-working heater, the awful suspension set up, extreme camber wear, knocks, rattles and only still driving it to be able to thrape it everywhere it was time to trade him in.

So on the 15th of Feb I traded the old boy in. For my new machine! Here he is looking lonely and ready for an old bird to use as a weekly shopping cart. Traded him in with 120k on the clock, the exhaust hanging off and £5 worth of petrol.

Anyway enough of the old and in with the new.

This was a few days after I got the new car home and had a play.

Here he is! a lovely Sri Turbo, It may have less power than a moor door but not for long if I have my way! (and it was half the price of a VXR and half the insurance).

I got some wind deflectors straight away as I had them on the Corsa and I knew they were a must!

I then added some LED lights in all of my courtesy lights inside and it makes such a difference!

I've added the glovebox aircon but I'm still waiting on VX to have the switch in after they had no idea what I was on about when I said "Cooled GloveBox switch"

Sub and radio were added pretty sharpish along with all the wiring to keep the trip computer functionality.

I also got these dust caps. A bit tacky i know but i thought they were a bit quirky and for £1 You cant really complain.

Luckily the car came with a K&N panel filter so I didnt need to get one of those but I did de-restrict the air box and fit this!

Its my old veccy C intake that I had on the Corsa before I fitted a cold air feed, as I couldn't be bothered to pay more money to get a VXR one and then have this one lying around.
    (Before you say anything I know it made no difference on a 1.2!)

But up to now that's pretty much it but I have some more parts in the post which I will add to this when they come and have hopefully been bolted on.

But here is what you have all been waiting for.... The powerplant itself.

Stay posted to hear more but your comments are welcome and I will keep it up to date as bits get purchased.

Cheers guys and girls!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast