Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Vectra C 1.9CDTi (120) SRi
    OK I have bought a new stalk from VX and I still have the same problem with the cruise control.
    Next is to try a new clutch spring/switch.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.8 VXR
      Any Joy with this one? I'm having the same problem and Vx say that it's a New CIM that's needed. There are loads of similar stories on the net and I am amazed that if it is the CIM that has failed then how can there be so many. I've fitted new stalk, new clutch and brake switch and still the CC is playing up. I can understand if it was not functioning all the time but as it's intermittent can it be the CIM?

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.8 GTS
      Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
      Any Joy with this one? I'm having the same problem and Vx say that it's a New CIM that's needed. There are loads of similar stories on the net and I am amazed that if it is the CIM that has failed then how can there be so many. I've fitted new stalk, new clutch and brake switch and still the CC is playing up. I can understand if it was not functioning all the time but as it's intermittent can it be the CIM?
      Hi

Any luck since I have the same problem? What solved the problem?

I have a Vectra C GTS Z18XE from May 2003

BR,
      Lars

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.8 VXR
      Unfortunately no luck as yet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. My next port of call is to fit new switches which involves removing the steering wheel etc to get access to the CIM. I've read that it could be the actual switch but I won't know until I attempt it and when that'll be I can't say as I don't have much spare time at the moment. If and when I do get round to it I will post up the results?

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.8 GTS
      I have just found a repair on a site from the Netherlands. I have just made the modification to my stalk and I will test it the next days to evaluate the result. I have taken a few pics of it so I can share with you in case it works.

BR
      Lars

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.8 GTS
      Quote Originally Posted by LarsDK View Post
      I have just found a repair on a site from the Netherlands. I have just made the modification to my stalk and I will test it the next days to evaluate the result. I have taken a few pics of it so I can share with you in case it works.

BR
      Lars
      CouldnĀ“t wait to post. I have just made the first test run and quite an improvement! It Works great now. It just tricked me once but that was not the car...just me forgetting to get my foot away from the clutch pedal :-)

I have Pictures but here you can find the post from Netherland. I just dismantled the stalk, cleaned inside contacts with contactspray(remember to dry before installation!), lubricated the joints of the buttons(not the Electric), solder a tin point at each track where the CIM make electrical contact to the stalk..easy to see actually. Here it is with pics which make the language easier to understand :-)

http://opel-forum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=169829

BR
      Lars

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.8 VXR
      I did carry out the dismantling of the stalk and cleaning but it was still intermittent. I did also bend the pins in the stalk holder so that they make better force when contacting the stalk but still the same. I may try the solder but would have thought that bending the pins would have had the same effect? I will keep an eye on your updates to see if this is a permanent fix or just temporary? Thanks

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.8 VXR
      Hi Lars,

Any update on this, has the CC remained good?

Vehicle
      Vectra C 2.8 VXR
      Ok guys, just a quick one. I've seen on youtube somewhere a test for the cruise control stalk. I've searched opcom and cannot find it under any section. I just want to be able to test that the switches are working ie tell tale but cannot find it for cruise control stalk?

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.8 GTS
      Quote Originally Posted by sinbrad View Post
      Ok guys, just a quick one. I've seen on youtube somewhere a test for the cruise control stalk. I've searched opcom and cannot find it under any section. I just want to be able to test that the switches are working ie tell tale but cannot find it for cruise control stalk?
      Hi

Only worked for a few days. I think its a bad connection since the stalk are moved up and down thousand times and this wear out the connection between stalk and cim for the CC. It should have been a plug instead!

For opcom, just go to engine module. I think it was there I found the test mode. Strangely, my buttons seems to work when in testmode which kind of rules out the bad connection issue. Could it be a faulty engine module? The ECM? It has a reputation of breaking because its mounted directly to the engine and heat and vibrations breaks the inside ground wires. I haven't had the time to take the ECM apart and maybe the electronics are sealed in a gel.

BR
      Lars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast