Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vehicle
    Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
    What's better Opcom or tech 2 anyway ! Seems a lot of pros dismiss Opcom !

James

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Tech2 is the official £2000+ dealer tool that is fully supported by vauxhall and is what the dealers use. OPCOM is a cheap £20 interface made in the bedrooms of kids in china with pirate knock off software. The software is old and buggy with the pirate interfaces.

Vaux-com is available in the UK and is the supported legal version at around £700, software is a couple of new years newer than the clones and a lot more of the bugs have been removed.

No pro worth their salt should be putting an opcom on anyones car for money, with no support when things go wrong, it's not worth the risk and the "it worked on mine it will be ok on yours" brigade, quite simply don't appreciate how it is programmed.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Tech2 is the official £2000+ dealer tool that is fully supported by vauxhall and is what the dealers use. OPCOM is a cheap £20 interface made in the bedrooms of kids in china with pirate knock off software. The software is old and buggy with the pirate interfaces.

Vaux-com is available in the UK and is the supported legal version at around £700, software is a couple of new years newer than the clones and a lot more of the bugs have been removed.

No pro worth their salt should be putting an opcom on anyones car for money, with no support when things go wrong, it's not worth the risk and the "it worked on mine it will be ok on yours" brigade, quite simply don't appreciate how it is programmed.
      Hi Pecky I have managed to get pic of my uce, I see I have connector in the hole previously stated by your uce pic. Am I right to think that the clutch switch connector will be behind the speedo?

James

PS thanks for editing thread title lol.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my uce.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	738

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by jateu View Post
      Am I right to think that the clutch switch connector will be behind the speedo?
      No there is no guarantee. The wiring is in 2 parts, from the UEX to X1 (Connector in passenger footwell behind trim) and from X1 to clutch switch.

Either part of the wiring can be missing, you have to check behing the speedo to be certain.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      No there is no guarantee. The wiring is in 2 parts, from the UEX to X1 (Connector in passenger footwell behind trim) and from X1 to clutch switch.

Either part of the wiring can be missing, you have to check behing the speedo to be certain.
      Ok Pecky I'll crack open the Speedo and hopefully connector is in there. Thanks for your help.

James

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Hi Pecky just foot note for you there is really no reaso to give uce a strong tug! I found out why the box wobbles but doesn't release! At the top of uce there is something similar to a bolt hole and the same at about seven o'clock . Now using a small screw driver t release clasp type objects holding the sides of bolt hole will allow you to life uce out a lot more gently that having to give it a strong tug . Just thought I would point it out if anyone fancies doing a guide.

James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2