Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra Mk5 1.6 Design

Astra Mk5 1.6 Design uec help!

Hi all,

Just trying to figure out if I have clutch wire for cruise control conversion! I can't seem to he able to release the uec board from main case ! Has anyone got a how to as I'm sure I'm going wrong some where ?.

Many thanks all.

James
    Last edited by jateu; 23rd March 2013 at 11:00 AM.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      No how 2, but there are 3 torx screws that need to be undone, they are captive and can't fall out but they need a lot of turning to release them. There is also a 10mm nut beneath the cover at the top.

It does take a sharp pull up to get it off and then usually a bit more unscrewing of the torx.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      No how 2, but there are 3 torx screws that need to be undone, they are captive and can't fall out but they need a lot of turning to release them. There is also a 10mm nut beneath the cover at the top.

It does take a sharp pull up to get it off and then usually a bit more unscrewing of the torx.
      Cheers Picky

10mm bolt any pics of this ? Is this the one beside 80a fuses? What sort of tool can I use to pull board out ?

Many thanks

James

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      yes it is to the left of the 80A fuses, next to the red cable in the pic below. As for what tool to pull the board out, 2 hands will do the trick, it's a sharp upwards pull, It's quite robust, never damaged or broken one. Just pull hard.

Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      yes it is to the left of the 80A fuses, next to the red cable in the pic below. As for what tool to pull the board out, 2 hands will do the trick, it's a sharp upwards pull, It's quite robust, never damaged or broken one. Just pull hard.

Thanks Pecky looks like I've been a moron ! I assumed it was the board inside the case to be removed ! I see now it's the whole casing with hinge etc to be pulled.

Many thanks

James

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Sorry should have said that part, yes it's the whole lot that gets pulled out, although I can see how it looks like the inner part can be removed.

Hope you get there with it. This pic shows were the pin should be for cruise control

Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Sorry should have said that part, yes it's the whole lot that gets pulled out, although I can see how it looks like the inner part can be removed.

Hope you get there with it. This pic shows were the pin should be for cruise control

Thank you Pecky for your help and advice.

I am to assume that if there is a silver connector in the hole circled I won't need to run a wire to clutch switch. All I would have to do was find where it was terminated ?

James

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      Quote Originally Posted by jateu View Post
      Thank you Pecky for your help and advice.

I am to assume that if there is a silver connector in the hole circled I won't need to run a wire to clutch switch. All I would have to do was find where it was terminated ?

James
      Hi Pecky ,

Silly question would I have to reset uce if I'm just yanking out and put back within mins ?

James

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If you have the connector and wire behind the speedo AND the silver connector in the hole, then no wiring is needed at all. If you don't have the bit behind the speedo, then it needs adding. It is in 2 parts.

NEVER reset the UEC, or anything in the car come to that, expecially if you have an opcom. Just in case you missed that NEVER reset anything, it removes all programming and car will have major issues.

Taking the top off the UEC is no different to disconnecting the battery, no harm will be done.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Astra Mk5 1.6 Design
      If you have the connector and wire behind the speedo AND the silver connector in the hole, then no wiring is needed at all. If you don't have the bit behind the speedo, then it needs adding. It is in 2 parts.

NEVER reset the UEC, or anything in the car come to that, expecially if you have an opcom. Just in case you missed that NEVER reset anything, it removes all programming and car will have major issues.

Taking the top off the UEC is no different to disconnecting the battery, no harm will be done.
      Roger that Pecky I don't have tech 2 or Opcom anyway but will make sure nothing going to be reset .

James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast