Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira 150 Design 2008

Fitting CD70 instead of EONON unit

Hello all :-)

First post.......I can normally get the answers I need by searching these forums, but this one has me worried as the situation is unique, to me, or so it seems.

My 2008 Design has an aftermarket DVD player fitted in the dash. Sadly me and touchscreen units don't get on and as such I purchased a CD70 unit for fitting in the place of the aftermarket unit. The previous owner gave me the CD30, but did mention it was terrible sound quality......

Now, I understand the CD70 unit I bought has been divorced from the donor car. I presume there is no "pairing" between the screen and aftermarket head unit?

The display is a late three-line GID unit, so therefore I undertand it is compatible with the Navi on the CD70.

So, the question is, what precisely do I need to do to get the CD70 operational in my Zaffy? To elaborate, I also have the following if required:

The original CD30 Head Unit
    Access to someone who owns OPCOM

I can do all work apart from OPCOM which someone else can do for me, though he might need guidance here too as the situation is unique, so something step-by-step if you have the time would be so appreciated!

Or should I just push the whole lot over to my local VX dealer to do?

Steve..(aka Zaffy)

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      If cd70 is divorced from donor car than put it in car and code to your car with code from carpass

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      Oh you're kidding, is it really that easy?
      I was concerned I needed all sorts of variant coding changes and goodness knows what else!

Thanks domtorredo, of course I will let you know how it goes once I've fitted it this weekend :-)

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      You can change variant coding etc to really match your car specs
      variant coding is easy task, but some users have reported that op com has missing files for code index
      that's why I didn't mention to change them but all info can be found here
      http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...-Zafira-B-CD70
      http://www.diagnostics.org.uk/help/s...l-Info-Display
      and don't forget to change mid speed can settings to match modules you have and don't set anything to present what you doesn't have do it before activating theft protection

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      Thanks again domtorredo.
      I will pass this on to the chap with the laptop and see what happens. Hopefully it won't be too daunting.
      I appreciate the advice.

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      Fitted the CD70 last night. It works!
      Have a few niggles though. the Navi language is German, but found a Language CD on fleabay last night so ordered that and will keep fingers crossed that sorts it.
      Also Navi Tab on GID is missing. not too worried as Navi can be found using the button on the CD70, its just a mild niggle.

I'm very pleased though. After the touchscreen thing I'm glad to have buttons to push, I can't help but think these touchscreen things are not a great idea in-car, too much mis-keying and looking at the unit, the CD70 seems much safer to operate, IMHO.

Now selling what I have since found out to be a VXMMI4 on fleabay, that'll keep me busy this weekend :-)

Thanks for the help domtorredo and Pecky, its really appreciated.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      navi tab missing because its not set in screen config
      mid can bus and variant config

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      Ahhhh. That's a problem. Apparently OPCOM cannot program my GID (0x0409 I think it is), therefore I am stuck with the missing tab until the next service, which is only March so it's not a problem as such.
      Thanks for the info....once again

Vehicle
      Zafira 150 Design 2008
      UPDATE:
      Gave up!
      VX were unable to do anything with the CD70. I expect the service dept are just trained on what is fitted as standard. They could not, or possibly would not even consider correcting my problems. They couldn't even change the speech language.
      The VXMMI is back in place and the CD70 sold off. It's such a pity, I much prefer OEM stuff but this time it was not to be.

I do appreciate everyone's help though. I'm sure I could have sorted it I knew someone who was properly trained on Tech 2 :-(

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Definitely could have been sorted, It's such a shame at times that VX can't even use their own tools to do anything out of the ordinary.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast