Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Insignia OPC

NAVI 900 Retrofit

Hello guys, in the last month I am retrofitting NAVI 900 MY12 to replace my MY11 CD400. I played a lot and successfully added the missing wires and connectors to my harness. At this moment radio , display and BT modules are coded with my VIN and working except that there is no sound from the speakers. I guess it is because I have Infinity speakers with amp and donor car was without. I made diagnostics with Op-com and all speakers have "open circuit" error and that is normal because speakers are connected to the amp , not to the radio. The question is how to set the radio to know that I have Infinity speakers and amp? Do I have to flash update or is it a setting ?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If you are seeing open circuit, then it is likely the wiring will be different, I've not looked it up, but I would expect an audio feed to go to the amp and the amp then feeds the speakers.

So you may have to change the wiring first.

I can't see amplifier on the list of VCI codes, but then they don't list all of them. If it does need a VCI code to do the configuration, you are out of luck, as it is unlikely Opel will give you one as to them your car does not support Navi, if they do the cost price is upto 100 Euro + dealer costs.

Investigate the wiring is my advice first.

Who did you find to correct the VIN on the navi, not seen anyone advertise that yet?
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Insignia OPC
      Hi pecky and thanks for your reply. I did some investigation in the past couple of days . It seems that it is not the wiring . I don't have the wiring diagrams but I think the signal goes to the amp digital. In German forum I read some threads about the same problem. Some guys said that it can happen when you update your NAVI900. It "forgets" that the car has an amp , so SPS programing is necessary at a dealer. Some call it CAN EOL calibration. On Saturday I was at the dealers to try that programming but the problem is that TIS sees the VIN of the car and that the car originally comes with CD400 So on Monday the Dealer will write an e-mail about my case and what to do and I hope somehow it will be working until Tuesday

About the VIN programming - It was done with very special tool which by the words of the owner costs about 35000 Euro . If you have interest I can ask further

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I thought the car would come up with hardware mismatch, the radio type must be stored in the BCM. I fitted a brand new navi900 to a car which had a faulty navi600. Even though it was navi to navi it still came up with mismatch.

Incidentally a brand new radio takes on the VIN of the first car it is plugged into, at least it did on mine as I test fitted the brand new one in my car and it had my VIN stored when in the customers car.

Customer first took it to the dealers who even after raising a case was refused the VCI to reconfigure. As an independent company, opel provided me with the VCI which changed the VIN and configured to the customers car.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm not interested in any new kit to read chips etc, I was more asking on where to point people to if the ask for that service. It's easier that way than changing the VIN of the car to match the radio.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Insignia OPC
      So at the moment I am stuck at the dealers. The official reply was the headunit is not compatible with the vehicle because HU is MY12 and my car is MY11. Opposite to this today I cross connected with some wires the input and output plugs of the amplifier. Just bypassed the amp and all works fine . The amp has 3 plugs X1 , X2 and X3.
      X1 is 12V , GND and for the parcel shelf speakers
      X2 are 5 pairs of speakers FL , FR , RL , RR and Center
      X3 are FL , FR , RL , RR inputs from HU , AMP control and Remote enable signal.

The question is what signals are sent over AMP control wire and is the amp working with High or low signal levels

Other idea is to find someone with Insignia OPC MY12 with NAVI900 and Infinity. Then we can use his VIN to program the configuration to my headunit

Vehicle
      2013 Insignia 2.0cdti with toys.
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      If you are seeing open circuit, then it is likely the wiring will be different, I've not looked it up, but I would expect an audio feed to go to the amp and the amp then feeds the speakers.

So you may have to change the wiring first.

I can't see amplifier on the list of VCI codes, but then they don't list all of them. If it does need a VCI code to do the configuration, you are out of luck, as it is unlikely Opel will give you one as to them your car does not support Navi, if they do the cost price is upto 100 Euro + dealer costs.

Investigate the wiring is my advice first.

Who did you find to correct the VIN on the navi, not seen anyone advertise that yet?
      Hi,
      Can I get a Navi 900 and replace my Navi 600? if so does it have to be divorced like the old days?

Vehicle
      Also my car has infinity, so does that mean the unit is different?

Vehicle
      Insignia OPC
      If is not impossible but but it's not worth it. There is a way to install modified firmware on your navi 600 to become 900 . Search google for it

Vehicle
      Insignia OPC
      Quote Originally Posted by armstma1 View Post
      Also my car has infinity, so does that mean the unit is different?
      The unit is not different but the software settings. Every car has its own configuration for its setup . The preconfigured software is uploaded to the radio , so the radio to know how to act.

Update on my case:
      After a lot of work I found how the Infinity amplifier is controlled and managed to play sounds through it. Now the situation got worse. Sound is one time amplified by the radio and second by the amplifier. I can use high to low level converter BUT after scanned with op-com there are a few errors. All radio speaker outputs are open circuit. New shark antenna is open circuit too and gps antenna is short to ground.

Vehicle
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stanishev View Post
      The unit is not different but the software settings. Every car has its own configuration for its setup . The preconfigured software is uploaded to the radio , so the radio to know how to act.

Update on my case:
      After a lot of work I found how the Infinity amplifier is controlled and managed to play sounds through it. Now the situation got worse. Sound is one time amplified by the radio and second by the amplifier. I can use high to low level converter BUT after scanned with op-com there are a few errors. All radio speaker outputs are open circuit. New shark antenna is open circuit too and gps antenna is short to ground.
      Hi, in my case the wiring is already there as it has a Navi600 infinity from the factory. The hack you refer to only partially works as the voice commands dont work even with a navi 900 card installed.

Ultimately I would like a Navi 950 (for the bluetooth streaming) but as this was never fitted to the insignia i'm fairly sure it would be a nightmare to install, so will settle for a "true" navi900 if it's not a lot of hassle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast