Hi, I have a Vauxhall Zafira 2007 mileage just passed 90k it's a Sri CDTI (150) model. In good working order no serious issues part from the following:

On start up there is a loud clonking noise only for a slips second as car is turning over, the car starts up every time however the noise is excessive. It makes the noise every time, the AA have said possible flywheel and Vauxhall also confirmed it could possibly be the issue.

Now my warranty company have said I have to authorise 3 hours to access the fly wheel to confirm the issue, and they will send an engineer to confirm status. They have said if it is wear and tear they will not cover neither the 3 hours or repair, however if it is a manufacturing default they will cover costs.

Obviously I don't expect anyone to be able to tell me without looking but has anyone had a previous experience in this matter because I don't want to pay 3 hours vauxhall prices to tell me I have to pay an additional £900!. Also if I was to leave the car would it be a big issue after long?

Would appreciate any advice guys.