Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    2006 Astra H 1.3 CDTI

Strange problem activating BC on Astra H

Hello everyone. First of all, as I haven't found an issue similar to this anywhere else (either here or in Croatia), I decided to ask on this forum.

I'm trying to activate the board computer (BC1/BC2) on my 2006 Astra H 1.3 CDTI (with GID and CD 30 MP3), as I have the BC button but it only has the Timer feature. I went to a friend of mine and we hooked up an OpCom clone, and it detected the vehicle without issues. We successfully enabled the BC interface (from Not Present to Present), but when we try to change the index code, we're only offered several options considering some Ice Warning feature - not a sight of "Without Board Computer" or "With Board Computer" index options. While we're at it, we tried to deactivate Daytime Running Lights, but we found no such option (either in Body, Chassis or DIS sections).

Is it due to OpCom being a clone, or the software inside the car itself simply doesn't have the necessary options? We watched every possible YouTube video regarding the issue, but in every single one the required index options are available. I might try to find a workshop with a Tech 2, if the small shops here in Croatia even know of such device. Not that I can't live without a BC, but it would be nice to have. The problem is, I don't know what version of the GID do I have, so I can't cross-reference part numbers from this link: https://www.diagnostics.org.uk/showt...bled-on-my-car

The "secret test-mode menu" shows the following:

Testmode: Heater
    HW: D5.20//08.03.2006
    SW: 23.09.2004/O//GD59-/00050
    Code: 008 Ver: 01 DD: 2.2/6.0/-.-

Testmode: BC
    (all values are zero)
    FCO: OFF, RFC: OFF, CSD: ON

That's all I know so far. Thanks in advance.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H
      What code index you have now in display?

Vehicle
      2006 Astra H 1.3 CDTI
      Quote Originally Posted by kadett90 View Post
      What code index you have now in display?
      Probably 008. Can't tell right away, as I don't have an OpCom. Hardware is 08/03/2006, software freeze date is 23/09/2004, and code/version is 008/01.

In the meantime, I found this thread: https://www.diagnostics.org.uk/showt...Voltage-Type-B
      User "dacho65" has the similar problem as I do, and he managed to get the required codes by connecting as Signum instead of Astra.
      From that thread, I learned about types of fuel tank sensors (my Astra is year 2006, so it probably has a "linear voltage type B" sensor).

I asked the same question on our local Croatian forum. A guy there suggested that I attempt adding one of these "ice warning" codes - he said board computer might come bundled with them.
      He suggested I try one of the 009 codes, regardless of them having the ice warning feature or not. He's got a 2009 Astra H, with the same display and radio as me.

I will try both of these methods, as soon as my friend gets his OpCom functional again.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H
      If you have now code index 008 you should try 009.
      That should be work.