Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Zafira B 1.6 Petrol

How to take apart UEC on Zafira B Z16XE1

Hi All - I've been fault-finding the electrics on my Zafira B Z16XE1. The engine would not crank, and I suspected Immobilizer at first. OP-COM showed CIM OK, but no communication with ECU. Checking UEC, I found no volts on F21. Tried bridging associated relay next to it, and things suddenly came to life. Swapped relays, but problem is still there, so must be something inside the UEC - corrosion maybe.

The problem is, I've no idea how to get the UEC apart. There are some torx screws in the top plate, but one of these is half hidden by the module cover, and I can't pull or lever this off. Does anybody know how to get the thing apart? It's like one of those mechanical puzzles you get.

I'm also trying to find a proper wiring diagram.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      zafira
      Quote Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
      Hi All - I've been fault-finding the electrics on my Zafira B Z16XE1. The engine would not crank, and I suspected Immobilizer at first. OP-COM showed CIM OK, but no communication with ECU. Checking UEC, I found no volts on F21. Tried bridging associated relay next to it, and things suddenly came to life. Swapped relays, but problem is still there, so must be something inside the UEC - corrosion maybe.

The problem is, I've no idea how to get the UEC apart. There are some torx screws in the top plate, but one of these is half hidden by the module cover, and I can't pull or lever this off. Does anybody know how to get the thing apart? It's like one of those mechanical puzzles you get.

I'm also trying to find a proper wiring diagram.

did you get any wher with opening your ecu also find a digram as im have no comunication with any part of car as well as when seem to be oil level check light now working when you turn ignition on