Hello to all. As a new member I just wanted to pop down a few lines to introduce myself and the reason for joining the forum.

Since 1968 I practiced my trade as a qualified motor vehicle mechanic until in 1988 I suddenly lost my sight and obviously could not continue with my chosen profession. It also removed my second passion, that is driving. However, over the years I have learned to accept my situation and on occasion, still enjoy a few moments of fun driving my son-in-law's Land Rover on private land. I also take some pleasure in being able to advise my daughter on many aspects relating to maintenance of her 2011 Zafira B 1.7 CDTi Ecoflex Elite. So, in a nutshell, my main reason for joining this forum is to gain knowledge from members experiences and professional training so that I can assist my daughter in keeping and, in certain situations, modifying her Zaffy.

I hope that the fact that I am blind does not prevent members interacting with my questions, both stupid questions and the odd intelligent one. The only conciliation I would like to request is that any responses to my questions are textual, not graphical or photo based. Obviously there may be times when this is unavoidable, but hey ho, life isn't perfect.

Well, I suppose that is all I have to say at this point, other than to thank everyone in advance for their understanding. Hopefully I won't infringe too many rules, i.e. posting in incorrect areas etc!

J.