Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    2012 Astravan Mk5

CDC40 - CID Screens / Pairing info

Hello all,

Apologies in advace because I know this has been asked many many times. IÂ’m looking for some clarification with regards to screens and radios. My van (2012 Sportive XP) is currently fitted with a CD30 and a GID screen. IÂ’m looking to upgrade that to a CDC40 Opera with a CID, but the more I read about it the more confused I become so IÂ’m hoping someone can clarify this once and for all..

Could these two units be paired together and to my van easily / successfully?
    Will I need codes for both HU and screen if they come from separate vehicles not divorced or can it be done without?
    IÂ’ve noticed people often mention a specifc type of CID. Are there different models of this particular display unit for the Astra?
    Are there different models of the same CDC40 headunit also?
    Am I correct in thinking that only HUÂ’s and screens from another Astra or a Zafira will fit my van?
    IÂ’d like to have DAB also. Is this compatible with the CDC40, is it a plug and play job?
    If my radio plan is successful, can anyone recommend any tech2 wizards East England / Midlands way? Or via post?

Thanks in advance! Bob

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I will try to clarify things..

If the units are from the same vehicle, they will be 'paired' together anyway, you will only then need the code if you was to add bluetooth to it,
      If from different vehicles, then yes codes for each will be needed to do it, more of a convoluted way to 'divorce' them will be required, but it can be done by the average tech2 user.
      Cant really answer about what display is best but there are 2 manufacturers of them, delphi and siemens i believe... they should fit and work but may need a code index changing for fuel reading purposes (no security code required)
      There are 2 versions of CDC40 one made by grundig the other by blaupunkt, normally most of the ones you'll see come from blaupunkt....
      to add DAB you would need a wiring loom to connect the dab to the radio, will probably need to be added for the van...
      I would be careful about posting a cdc40 UNLESS YOU PUT IT INTO TRANSPORT MODE FIRST, failure to do this WILL damage the cd loading mechs...

not sure who is in East England, but I can do by post if needed to pair things up

Vehicle
      2012 Astravan Mk5
      That does help, thanks you.
      The main problem I’m having is actually finding a paired set. I can find plenty of CDC40’s as well as CID’s on their own, but none are paired or from the same vehicle, and they very rarely have the codes with them. Seems that that screen with that head unit is a rare match. I take from what you say though that it isn’t possible to pair them without their individual codes?

Thanks for your other info and offer, will keep it in mind!

Vehicle
      Vectra
      codes can always be pulled from the eprom, so if they were sent off to be paired, then the codes can be obtained without any issues

Vehicle
      2012 Astravan Mk5
      That’s good to know, thank you. Is that something you’re able to do also?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I am although if you can read your own eprom then you can get it 'decoded' here, better mention the big mans Online decoder (as its his forum afterall lol)