Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra H

EHU communication lost after disconnect UHP4

Hello,

First at all I should introduce myself because its my first post on this forum. I have an Opel Astra H Enjoy 2009 and Im from Spain, so forgive me if my english is not perfect.

I have a problem with my EHU. My car had UHP4 but somehow it was broken and it showed everytime UHP Safe even beeing original. It caused battery drain so I disconnected the UHP4 module.

The problem is that when I do it my car lose communication with the EHU (cd30 mp3). I can turn it on and listen radio tunes but the buttons doesn work, steering wheel controls neither and display (GID) doesn show anything related with the EHU. If I reconnect UHP4, everything works fine again.

Using VAUX COM I get on ECC and DIS error code U-2201-00 (CAN-Bus No Communication with EHU).

Any ideas? Is that a problem of cd30 mp3 or maybe a cable problem?.

Thank you. Regards.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      the UHP4 acts as a pathway for these units, and if you remove it you will have to join the mid-speed canbus wires together, green to green, white to white. that will restore the rest

Vehicle
      Astra H
      Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
      the UHP4 acts as a pathway for these units, and if you remove it you will have to join the mid-speed canbus wires together, green to green, white to white. that will restore the rest
      Thank you soulman, that sounds great.

I will try that and tell you about the results.

Thank you!

Vehicle
      Astra H
      I have done it and now everything works fine.

Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200923_123848.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	2476

Vehicle
      Astravan
      So are you saying the can wires instead of going direct to the EHU go into the UHP4 on mid can + for example and then loop back to the EHU on the mid can - and the same for the high can ?.
      Just wondering if this is why I can’t SPS mine as I only have 1 wire from each can from the UHP4 spliced into the EHU plug and looped as above !.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      yes i am saying that, the highspeed can does not go to the uhp4 at all.. What issues you having with trying to SPS it, I think I do read it somewhere so paste me a link or refresh my tired memory please

Vehicle
      Astravan
      yes i am saying that, the highspeed can does not go to the uhp4 at all.. What issues you having with trying to SPS it, I think I do read it somewhere so paste me a link or refresh my tired memory please
      I go though globaltis 32b and can see the UHP4 there, click on it to read it and just get an error E4399 I think it is !. I’m wondering now if my UHP4 is wired in correctly, I have UHP pin 13 to EHU pin 9 and UHP pin 14 to EHU pin 10 !.
      I also can’t read the CID in globaltis the EHU doesn’t even show tho !.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      does the uhp4 show up on the radio display with the icon of the telephone?

Vehicle
      Astravan
      does the uhp4 show up on the radio display with the icon of the telephone?
      Yes shows the phone tab on the CID and it all appears to work but the UHP is safe and needs flashing so I can use my code !.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      ok, wiring is fine then... what year is your vehicle (ie would it have been a year which could have had uhp4 as an option?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast