Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: Astra Brick car

Vehicle
    Astra 2005 1.8

Astra Brick car

Hi There,
    A while ago I purchased a cheap 2005 Astra H 1.8ltr, 5 speed manual. As a brick car, not going.....history on the car is..... was running but had CIM issues, went to a (Holden) dealer to have airbag replaced under recall. Un beknown to them this vehicle had had a full brain transplant. ECU CIM engine bay control centre and rear control centre from a donor vehicle. So not knowing this they tried to reprogram the CIM to the VIN on the car using the original security code. 3 months later they supposedly tried everything including key reprogramming to no avail. So hence I now purchased the car and are trying to fix it. I have managed to procure the security code from the donor vehicle that matches the brain and I have access to a clone Tech 2 the main issues are with the immobiliser and the CIM module. I have refitted the original CIM then scanned. the ignition will operate and fuel pump will pressurise when key is turned the relay (presume starter) clicks but then nothing. Is this just a matter of re- programming the 2 keys to the new brain immobiliser as I fear hey have tried to or possibly have re programmed to the vehicles original vin number and been unsuccessful.
    I have tried fitting the new CIM but that is definitely programmed under the original Vin so needs o be "divorced" so it can be reprogrammed to the donor brain. I will endeavour to attach some screen shots and any help would be greatly appreciated, I have an idea of what needs to be done just don't know exactly how to go about it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 vins AH Astra.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	2419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AH Astra Vin plate.jpg 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	2418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ah Astra immobiliser.jpg 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	2417

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H OPC
      Tech 2 cannot programm modules if there is a discrepancy in the VIN numbers.
      Try to reset the new CIM module first (with the code the delaer used) and programm it with the correct VIN and Security code used in the rest of the modules.

I think you will need a thir party tool for this (OP-COM i similar)

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by Radman View Post
      Hi There,
      A while ago I purchased a cheap 2005 Astra H 1.8ltr, 5 speed manual. As a brick car, not going.....history on the car is..... was running but had CIM issues, went to a (Holden) dealer to have airbag replaced under recall. Un beknown to them this vehicle had had a full brain transplant. ECU CIM engine bay control centre and rear control centre from a donor vehicle. So not knowing this they tried to reprogram the CIM to the VIN on the car using the original security code. 3 months later they supposedly tried everything including key reprogramming to no avail. So hence I now purchased the car and are trying to fix it. I have managed to procure the security code from the donor vehicle that matches the brain and I have access to a clone Tech 2 the main issues are with the immobiliser and the CIM module. I have refitted the original CIM then scanned. the ignition will operate and fuel pump will pressurise when key is turned the relay (presume starter) clicks but then nothing. Is this just a matter of re- programming the 2 keys to the new brain immobiliser as I fear hey have tried to or possibly have re programmed to the vehicles original vin number and been unsuccessful.
      I have tried fitting the new CIM but that is definitely programmed under the original Vin so needs o be "divorced" so it can be reprogrammed to the donor brain. I will endeavour to attach some screen shots and any help would be greatly appreciated, I have an idea of what needs to be done just don't know exactly how to go about it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 vins AH Astra.jpg 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	2419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AH Astra Vin plate.jpg 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	2418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ah Astra immobiliser.jpg 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	2417

In your 1st photo clearly can be seen - you got 1x ecu with different vin number. Correct that and program properly and all will be fine.