Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP

Check Control - wiring connectors

So..After a brief visit to Vauxhall to have UHP4 menu enabled in my GID (bluetooth working perfectly by the way) i also had the CC enabled at the same time. (Total price 18£)

Just as expected (Opcom reported both low) i had the coolant and washer fluid level warnings come on. (For now i turned off UEC CC to silence them)..

My question is...

I have no loom, no connectors and no nothing for this mod and i am going to have to source the parts. This seems like a fairly simple task, given this forum where i found all the relevant vauxhall numbers.

Only thing i did not find was the connectors for the sensors....That is, i can see that pecky sells a loom for the window washer bottle sensor. But what about the coolant sensor...Does this one use a different connector than the washer sensor ?

I dont fance having to just solder wires onto the pins in the sensor and filling it with sealant of some sort because i will not be able to disassemble it later then. Does Vauxhall sell these connectors as spare parts ?

Xsatquest

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Vauxhall possibly do sell the connectors, they are both the same, I've just never looked them up.

More often than not the coolant wires are there though, so I didn't list a specific loom. Although the washer bottle loom will do both.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Vauxhall possibly do sell the connectors, they are both the same, I've just never looked them up.

More often than not the coolant wires are there though, so I didn't list a specific loom. Although the washer bottle loom will do both.
      If the coolant wiring/connector is there, where would it be tucked in ?

Also, is ther another way of confirming if they are there or not ? (You know, something like "Look at this connector pin XX, if there is a wire in that pin in that connector, then the connector in the other end of the wire will be there somewhere") ..

Xsatquest

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You have to take the coolant bottle off to get the best look. It is taped up at the side of the ABS pump.

You could check for the pin in the UEC
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Quote Originally Posted by xsatquest View Post
      If the coolant wiring/connector is there, where would it be tucked in ?

Also, is ther another way of confirming if they are there or not ? (You know, something like "Look at this connector pin XX, if there is a wire in that pin in that connector, then the connector in the other end of that wire will be there somewhere") ..

Xsatquest
      So basically.....If there is a pin in the appropriate hole as per the picture above, the sensor connector WILL be there ?

Xsatquest

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      So basically.....If there is a pin in the appropriate hole as per the picture above, the sensor connector WILL be there ?

Xsatquest
      Providing you have a REC, then yes if the pin is there do is the connector.

Cars without REC may have that pin allocated for something different.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Yep, i have REC installed.

I saw that you have pins for sale...Do you have the correct pins to put into the holes in the UEC if they are absent ?

Xsatquest

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Yep, i have REC installed.

I saw that you have pins for sale...Do you have the correct pins to put into the holes in the UEC if they are absent ?

Xsatquest
      Yes, as I make the looms up myself.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.9CDTI 150HP
      Just a quick update.

It seems that i was lucky this time, both pins were in the REC and with the REC pulled out i even dug out the coolant sensor connector/wire so i know for sure that, that one is there.

Have ordered all the needed parts as described in another post and when they arrive i will fit them.

Thanks.

Xsatquest

Vehicle
      Astra SRi XP
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      silly question but is this the underneath view of where the fuses and relays are in the box adjacent to the battery?!

if so, how does the board holding the fuses and relays come out, I can see the three torx bolts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast