Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Zafira B

UHP Safe - Program UHP messages

Last month I bought a one year old Zafira B with CD70 with factory fitted UHP4 module. I noticed that the navigation language and the telephone language where both in German.
    I live in the Netherlands and I prefer the Dutch language. I managed to change the navigation language to Dutch by means of the GM language CD.
    But when I press the phone button on the stearingwheel, I still get a woman saying "Kein telelephon angeslossen" (No telephone connected).
    Last week I tried to use a Bluetooth mobile phone, which I could connected to the UHP without any problem.
    The phone is working fine, but to use voice dialling, I have to speak German and I get every 10 sec. the message "UHP Safe Program UHP" on the the screen.
    From several internet fori, I learned that probably new firmware was loaded into the UHP4. But I cannot get that confirmed because I bought this car not from the original dealer.
    I made an appointment with my Opel dealer for next week to try to get rid of the UHP messages and to change the telephone language into Dutch.
    I am not sure if my Opel dealer is experienced in this field, so I want to ask the experts on this forum what the best way is to get things right.
    The only information I have is on the little card with VIN, security Code etc.

regards,

Dolf de Waal

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi,

I suspect either the UHP4 or the CD70 are not original to the car.

The UHP is in delivery state, which means it needs to be fully programmed. It will need the firmware update to change the language (Can't remember if Dutch is on the list or not)
      Then it needs to be fully programmed by Tech2 to remove the Safe and Program UHP message.

This will only be possible if the security code of the CD70 is known. If original it will be the same as the car, if it has been added later, it will not and will need decoding before the UHP can be programmed. (It gets paired to the Radio and Display).
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      I spoke to the previous user (not owner because it was a leased car) and he told me that is was in this state from when he started to use the car (it was a new car).
      The reason that the language was German and not Dutch is because this car was probably bought from Opel Germany by the leasecompany (EuropCar).

From a German forum, I learned that the UHP Safe - Program UHP message can show up after a software UHP update and that after the update the MID-speed configuration , Variant configuration , chassis number and Code index must be reprogrammed. And finally it must be "married" to the radio. But another contributor wrote, that he got rid of the UHP messages only by programming the car Security Code with an OP-Com and USB-OBD2 interface.

So I assume that, when the car was new, a software update was performed on the UHP but no reprogramming of the secutity code was done ?

About the language, I am pretty sure that Dutch is a valid language. But is it not possible to change the language with the Language CD , like I managed to do for the navigation system? I assumed, that because the UHP is not married to the CD70, the UHP language was not changed at the same time.

Is the CD70 security code on that little card, that came with the car ?

Is UHP programming a quick job or is it a long process and therefore expensive because my Opel dealer has to earn a living to

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by microdwl View Post
      Is the CD70 security code on that little card, that came with the car ?
      That depends if it came with the car or not, probably is, but not guaranteed.
      But is it not possible to change the language with the Language CD
      No language can only be done by SPS programming with tech2. Language CD is for CD70 only.
      So I assume that, when the car was new, a software update was performed on the UHP but no reprogramming of the secutity code was done ?
      It would look that way, but why would someone do the hard part of an upgrade and then not program it, as it is the same Tech2 that does it.
      Is UHP programming a quick job
      It is about 30-40 mins using tech2, so they will charge you an hours labour minimum
      But another contributor wrote, that he got rid of the UHP messages only by programming the car Security Code with an OP-Com and USB-OBD2 interface.
      If the firmware has been updated to the latest version, then Pirate opcom cannot do all the programming. Early firmwares could be programmed with opcom. The CD70 security code must be correct though or nothing can complete the programming.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Thanks for the info.

My appointment with my dealer is comming thursday. I'll let you know the results.

Vehicle
      vectra sri nav 06
      hi hope you might be able to help... i have a vectra sri sat nav & bluetooth on an 06 plate phone cradle was all factory fitted and after purchasing iphone cradle was only charging phone for 10 seconds and then disconnecting. took into vauxhall and software update and charging great now, however when entering phone menu and whilst on calls im getting the same message as the other chap ...UHP SAFE... everything else is fine stereo is original with car from new i have codes but vauxhall dont seem to be very helpfull. is there any way to remove this message ?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by hydro95 View Post
      hi hope you might be able to help... i have a vectra sri sat nav & bluetooth on an 06 plate phone cradle was all factory fitted and after purchasing iphone cradle was only charging phone for 10 seconds and then disconnecting. took into vauxhall and software update and charging great now, however when entering phone menu and whilst on calls im getting the same message as the other chap ...UHP SAFE... everything else is fine stereo is original with car from new i have codes but vauxhall dont seem to be very helpfull. is there any way to remove this message ?
      The dealer has not programmed the security code back in via the headunit. It gets deleted during the firmware upgrade.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      vectra sri nav 06
      thanks for that will that be the radio code or will this mean they have to update it all again or is it just a quick fix ? they had my car all day yesterday to do it and they dont seem to know the answer ??

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Tell them to go to

EHU - Programming - activate theft protection

And enter your radio security code.

Will them remove safe message.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Zafira B
      Today I had the visit to my Opel dealer.
      It was a quick and easy job. Indeed only a matter of entering the security code and activation of theft protection.
      The language was changed from German to Dutch at the same time without a firmware upgrade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast