Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bluetooth UHP4 Help

Ok i have an astra h with cd30mp3 with aux. I have a strange feeling i may have bluetooth installed but i have tryed to pair phone and it doesnt show bluetooth for the car. I have the mic and wiring.

So 2 questions:
    Where is the UHP4 Module located so i can check for its presents?

Can UHP4 work on BID even thou it wont show the information?

So im wondering if it could be the code index which is stopping it from working or if i just have the wiring and mic but no module or maybe the fact i have no gid.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi,

The UHP4 module is located behind the trim between the steering wheel and light controls.

To get to it you need to:

• Remove the light switch controls
      • undo the 2 torx screws behind the controls
      • remove the 2 torx screws beneath in the gap beneath the steering wheel
      • pull trim down from top to hinge and remove.
      • The UHP4 is on a bracket on the strengthening beam

I've never used bluetooth with the BID display. I'm pretty sure it does need the GID screen as the programming enables a phone tab on it. Only then can you access the menu to turn the bluetooth on.

The code index has nothing to do with the functionallity of the bluetooth. It is the Variant Configuration and Mid Speed CANBUS that hold all the settings.

It would be best to see if the module is there.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Thanks for your response buddy. Have you got any pictures of the module attached to bar. Is ther no easier way to see if its there by say just removing light switch.

Im also not to sure what part of the steering wheel you are refering to. Are you talking about the streghtening bar that runs along the dash and has earths attached to it at the glovebox end?

Have you known over 2007 vauxhall astra to have a Mic and wiring loom behind roof light panel for module but no gid or actual module?

Ah i think i understand! So it behind the plastics which surround the light switch? How do i go about removing the light switch?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by donovan2123 View Post
      Ah i think i understand! So it behind the plastics which surround the light switch? How do i go about removing the light switch?
      With the light turned off, push the round knob in and whilst holding it in turn to the right. You can then pull it out. Doing this retracts the retaining tabs in.

Mine is a retrofit and I didn't bother with the bracket, I just tie-wrapped it, so a photo wouldn't help too much.

OPCOM can tell you if it is there, but it will only see it when it is programmed.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Thanks mate. I will give this a go 2moro and see if i can see module. If i do have module whats the next step?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      If i do have module whats the next step?
      You buy the GID I have for sale on AON and fit that

See what you have got, I'd be surprised if you have the module if the car was specified with a CD30mp3 & BID. the modules cost £220 at vauxhall and I wouldn't see them fitting them without the phone cradle.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Im no longer on AON.

How much did you want for the GID?

I did have a look today but could see the module anywhere. How far down the beam is the module?? Would i have an extra wiring on the stereo aswell?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I did have a look today but could see the module anywhere. How far down the beam is the module?? Would i have an extra wiring on the stereo aswell?
      There are 2 wires on the radio that will be populated if you have the wiring. If you pull the radio out they are labelled PH+ and PH-. They are at the end of the rows of smaller connectors.

Not that you probably need the GID, it's £130 in blue LEDs.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast