Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Zaf B 2006 1.8 design / zaf a 2003 1.8 dualfuel elegance

Exclamation Advice and help Please - cim module

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help or advise.
    I have a zafira b 2006 1.8 design panoramic roof all recalls done exept the latest heater plug one.
    I also have a tech 2 - opcom 1.39 and 1.41 - and a carprog with all 31 or 32 leads. and have done electronics for 30 or so years.
    so here it is.
    coming up to mot time - horn doesn't work and steering wheel buttons flakey so here's what I did
    checked the uec for water damage non visible, checked the cim for magic clip all good but still no buttons and horn
    so I removed cim and replaced front half for a known good one recalibrated the sas with my tech 2 and everything fine but still no horn and buttons
    a few weeks passed before I had another go.

no issues on the car exept horn and flakey buttons on the steering wheel.
    next I removed the cim again and removed front to back connecter and hard wired and heat-shrank for tidiness all six pins. this didn't work and I forgot to re-calibrate the sas as time was getting on.
    now because the mot was due in 2 weeks, mechanical work was needed for mot so I ordered a new cim from lookers Vauxhall and gave the car to a garage for the suspension work, pre mot check etc.
    I now have the car back all mechanically fine and cannot calibrate the sas ????

now I have done this before with my tech 2 and everything was fine a few weeks ago but for some reason now the cim will not accept the pass code and keeps saying wrong code - yet this has worked before.
    now my real problem is the ipc and ecu accept the code fine ( so im not going mad and forgetting the code) but the cim does not want to play ball
    I don't have the original car pass so don't know the mechanical key number for the car - so I cant program the new cim in.

my mot is up in about 10 days and I fear Vauxhall will not be quick enough to get me a new car pass printed as local dealers have to apply for them from head office and I do not rush my programming.
    I can find almost all the settings I need for the new cim except the mechanical key number.
    is there another way to find the mechanical key number so I can program the new cim in - or do I just wait for a Vauxhall car pass to be printed.
    apologies if this is a long post - but im feeling a little frustrated.
    thanks for reading
    Gadgetman

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H OPC
      I know its a bit late but first check the security wait time on the CIM to see if it is running.
      If it is running leave the ignition on for the indicated time.
      Next, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, check that the timer is not ON and then try to input the security code again.

Had similar issue on Astra not accepting security code. After battery reconnect it worked OK.

Regarding the horn and buttons, re-solder the headers on the CIM PCB.

Vehicle
      Zaf B 2006 1.8 design / zaf a 2003 1.8 dualfuel elegance
      many thanks for your reply KicOPC
      I have now resolved all issues with this car
      For Everybody's information This is how it played out
      I applied for the official car pas from my local vauxhall dealer - 4 weeks later i had it
      During this time i checked the security wait time ( as kicOPC suggested it was active 20 hours or so ) - so i connected a battery charger and waited with the ign on
      after it had elapsed i dropped the battery off and reconnected ( full access for programming was restored - thankyou KicOPC )
      Accessed all the H M L can buss and variant settings and recorded them
      reset old cim as i had already re-soldered the headers previously to no avail and then I installed the new cim
      used the tech 2 to program the new cim in using the program cim feature ( i wont go into details here as its a very long process )
      then did a complete vehicle fault code read and reset
      then calibrated the steering angle with the tech 2
      did another complete vehicle fault code read and reset
      After all the above everything now works as it should
      Car went for its mot today and passed.
      I hope that something in this post may help someone else with a similar issue in the future
      regards Gadgetman