Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Zafira B (2012)

Zafira B Eonon: what are the chances...

Hi all,

I would be most grateful if anybody could give me some advice on upgrading the CD30 in my 2012 Zafira.

Here's where I am at the moment: I bought the car last week, and I hadn't checked for an AUX in, I just assumed that because the radio looked the same as my last Zafira it would have one. Turns out my last Zafira had the CD30 MP3 though, which of course *did* have AUX...

Anyway I started looking at my options (after the initial panic of not being able to play music/google maps from my phone had subsided) and it appears that Vx don't want you changing out the head unit. They really don't.

First of all, I looked at a regular 1-din from the likes of JVC, Pioneer etc. only to discover this thing about not being able to access the BC to change date/time with these units. That would annoy the hell out of me, but hold on - you can do it all from the steering controls, right? Well no, because my car has the bloody UHP bluetooth phone portal thing, and that won't let you use the steering buttons to get into BC.

OK, so a bit more searching and I find the Eonon units, which apparently still allow full use of BC. Win! Except it looks like a) the aerial may need power (how?) and b) the UHP bluetooth phone portal thingy probably won't be able to send the caller's voice to the car's speakers, rendering it useless.

So in a perfect world, here's what I'd like to achieve:

1. Swap out CD30 for Eonon (or something else that allows BC functionality - any ideas?)
    2. Fully working UHP Bluetooth phone portal as it is now (i.e. get sound through car speakers of caller on the other end, able to use it independently of stereo)
    3. Fully working aerial with good reception (need to connect supplied adapter to power? How?)

Feels like the impossible dream!

Thanks in advance for any opinions or other options.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H
      Change the radio to CD30 or CD70 model which have aux.
      Then you certainly have functionally bc,bt or aux.

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.7 Ecoflex
      Hi, sorry to change the subject a bit but I’ve just put a CD30 MP3 in (was CD30) but there is no Aux when I press FM/AM. The pins are there for the aux connection and I’ve gone through all of the code index’s available to me with no avail.
      Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions and also will the Aux show up if there isn’t anything connected to those pins on the back of the radio?
      Thanks