Question Astra J - "Upscale" IPC style

Hi!

is it possible to change this type of IPC style:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-ipc.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	2351

...to this style, using Online SPS before i waste 50€?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-ipc.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	2352

Oflline SPS (v32) does not recognize the newer VIN so no coding is possible.

I see Opel-Scanner can do this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egn6T3jjFgg

The car is a 2012 Petrol GTC.
    EEPROM job maybe?
    Is the IPC an immobilizer related component, ie. can you just swap one form another car?
    Any experience whit this?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra h
      Think your wasting your time with this forum. It’s dead. I’ve put questions down and never had an answer back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Vectra
      It would be down to the firmware as you probably know.. SPS will only give you the latest version for the clocks you have.. If you try a different VIN it would come up as a hardware mismatch..

I am doing something similar so going to change the eprom to the newer version (part number / hardware number) which it reads and then try to force it to flash it.. It will either brick it or work

It is not part of the immo but does contain a code within it, which it uses to divorce the clocks.... Also if the number is different or blank it may possibly lock the clocks out meaning you wont see no mileage although this has yet to be proven as i drove over 500 miles with a set of clocks with the incorrect vin number / security code.

I own opel scanner pro and it cannot enable 3 tabs on the insignia (although it looks possible on the astra), only activate other menu items

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H OPC
      Thank you for the info @soulman

I have a keen customer and he wil probobly swap the cluster for a OPC (VXR) one.
      If i get my hands on the cluster i will share the eeprom from both so we can try to figure it out.

BTW is it just me or the development for these newer platforms (Astra J/K, Insigna A/B) is way behind than previous gens.?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I've only just got into the insignia about 4months so i'm experimenting and seeing whats possible