Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Corsa D

Corsa D write text on GID

Hello,
    I have a good friend with a handicap. He has in his Corsa D a charger for his invalid chair. This unit has a serial port from which I can read, how many % is charged the battery of the invalid chair during driving with the car. Now it's important for him to know the % chared status of the battery so he can decide to unload the chair for external charging or leave it in the car.

My idea is, to send CAN frames on the MS-CAN to display it on GID.
    A guy from Poland is able to add additional tabs and items to the GID, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhGPiUKWhV8 and he published in a forum, that he can:
    - change the title of the tab
    - change the content inside the displayed tab
    - add additional bookmarks
    - change everything on the display's content

The corsa has a monochrome GID (like in the video) and the Touch & Connect Radio is build in. So the GID has default two tabs, settings and BC.
    If I now use OP-COM and do a variant programming, changing from "No Radio - Touch and Connect" to "NAV 100" I get two additional tabs on the GID, but they are empty and the setting tab is missing too.

Sending to ID 246h the CAN Frame 03 AE 01 04 00 00 00 00, this produces a test chess screen on the GID, I have also done a compleate scan on the MS-CAN, but didn't find any PIDs for sending text to the display, like the charging status of the invalid chair battery. The Touch & Connect has a own display to show RDS data and did not transmit any data over CAN bus to the GID.

Can anyone give me please a hint, to place text on the GID? Is it possible to decode the EEPROM to find out, which CAN ID's the GIF is listen for?

Thank, all the best, Frank

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by digidax View Post
      Hello,
      I have a good friend with a handicap. He has in his Corsa D a charger for his invalid chair. This unit has a serial port from which I can read, how many % is charged the battery of the invalid chair during driving with the car. Now it's important for him to know the % chared status of the battery so he can decide to unload the chair for external charging or leave it in the car.

My idea is, to send CAN frames on the MS-CAN to display it on GID.
      A guy from Poland is able to add additional tabs and items to the GID, here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhGPiUKWhV8 and he published in a forum, that he can:
      - change the title of the tab
      - change the content inside the displayed tab
      - add additional bookmarks
      - change everything on the display's content

The corsa has a monochrome GID (like in the video) and the Touch & Connect Radio is build in. So the GID has default two tabs, settings and BC.
      If I now use OP-COM and do a variant programming, changing from "No Radio - Touch and Connect" to "NAV 100" I get two additional tabs on the GID, but they are empty and the setting tab is missing too.

Sending to ID 246h the CAN Frame 03 AE 01 04 00 00 00 00, this produces a test chess screen on the GID, I have also done a compleate scan on the MS-CAN, but didn't find any PIDs for sending text to the display, like the charging status of the invalid chair battery. The Touch & Connect has a own display to show RDS data and did not transmit any data over CAN bus to the GID.

Can anyone give me please a hint, to place text on the GID? Is it possible to decode the EEPROM to find out, which CAN ID's the GIF is listen for?

Thank, all the best, Frank
      Check one of my posts there was can message dumps from tid and cd30.
      Text is sent to screen repeatedly and id was starting wit 6xx.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by KamHamb View Post
      Help

Im adding my Warlock Information Compendium to the Guidebooks section, and want to indent some of the text. I figured out how to do it over at WotC indent/indent, but the code is different here. Whats the proper tag for indenting text?
      Is it related to cars or I'm not getting it right what you actually trying to get done?

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk