Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Astra

Talking Hi guys! wolves newbie, mod help wanted

Hi pecky, i came across your site whilst looking for tech2 owners in my area on the astra owners club forum. you certainly seem like the man when it comes to astras and tasteful modifying!!!

im hoping we could strike up a friendship and you could become a mechanic/advisor for me. ive just bought a 3dr Astra SRi MK5 with a vvt engine, in red and it looks quite tasty. i just want to add a few extras to it and improve it a little. would you be able to help me?? i live just down the road form you in Bilston on the other side of Wolves.

what i would like to do firstly is add cruise control, and i know you can do this so thats not a problem, i also want to change all the led's in the interior (speedo, CD, door switches, steering switches heater controls etc.) for nice blue ones, are you able to do this for me?? if not could you point me in the direction of someone around these parts who could do it. also i want to add xenon headlights to the car, and i have been doing some research into this. i have a few questions, do they have to be AFL type headlights or can i just use non AFL projector style headlamps?? i have found a nice set of projectors i like the look of, and a 55W H7 conversion kit is this the correct stuff i need?? is there anything else i may need?? if i was to source all the parts would you be able to help me fit them one fine weekend??

Thanks in advance mate,
    James :-D
    Last edited by skydiver; 22nd March 2012 at 03:22 PM.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi James,

I stay away from the oily side of cars (Apart from my own servicing).

As you have read, cruise control is not a problem as it is just the stalk that needs fitting and Tech2. I used to do the LED changes, but not anymore as I don't have the time to do them and keep on top of ordering all the LEDs.

If you want the factory xenons without the AFL, then go for the Bi-Xenons as they have the same look as AFL only they don't turn. Failing that, other aftermarket projectors should work. From my experience of HID kits on these cars, I'd go for the 35W HID myself. I've had loads of people come back to me because the 55W once were getting shut down by the car or just failing. The ballasts may have improved since, but 35W is plenty bright enough.

Can certainly help fit pretty much everything on this site.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Astra
      ok, thats great. thanks for the info pecky!!

if i get all the parts for the xenons, would you be able to help me fit them and set them up?? as i dont really know what im doing or where to start. it wouldnt be for quite a few months any way as gotta save up the cash and buy the parts. i have ordered a new stick for the cruise control, so when that comes can i just give you a shout on here to arrange setting it up for me??

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Sure, just find a time on the bookings page that suits and fill in the form. I work away from town in the day which is why they are mostly evening slots.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors