Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vectra C 1.9

DVD90 - Snapped EEPROM

Hello,

i just got a DVD90 Navi for my Vectra. Of course it was not unmarried properly so i wanted to read out the EEPROM as usual, which lead to me snapping the EEPROM

Is there any way of restoring the head unit to a working state?
    Would the head unit be able to restore the EEPROM content if a new one is placed as it's also possible to reset the EEPROM from the BC service menu?
    Would flashing a dump from a different head unit work? If so, can any DVD90 dump be flashed? The head unit has Ident FQ, of which i don't find any dumps on the net. If not, could anybody supply me an FQ dump?

Thanks

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      You can buy another eprom but it will not re-write itself, you will have to flash another dump to it, preferably a blank one to aid you along your way...

I have written other idents of radios to one another and not seen any side effects, but i wasnt looking too hard...

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      Thanks for your reply, i have some 24c64 chips lying around and will try to flash another dump to it before putting it into the radio...

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      I just got around to flashing the radio and it works just fine with the foreign dump. Except for one thing: it does not receive a GPS signal. At the moment i am trying to rule out what the problem is. My fear is that the EEPROM contains some kind of calibration data for the GPS module.

@soulman: did you check for GPS reception back then when you swapped the eeprom content?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      that wont be eprom related, check to see if it reads as open circuit or not... If not it may well be the GPS daughter board at fault

Vehicle
      Vectra C 1.9
      Just checked this and it sets the open circuit error if i disconnect the antenna cable and the error stays away if cleared after reconnecting the antenna. so it seems that in addition to the eeprom hassle the unit is faulty after all... are there any tricks i could try to revive the gps module?