Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Meriva B 1.3 CDTI ~(A13DTE)

Canbus sniffing / remote unlock sniffing... to pop boot on meriva B

I want to operate the electric boot catch remotely... with a view to having the boot pop open after fitting uprated struts.

i believe the meriva B dosent have much canbus things on it, but anyone know how i'd go about sniffing the canbus signals to see if there is one for the boot release?

if it's not on the canbus... and instead it just applies power to the boot release switch when the car is unlocked, waiting for the button on the boot to be pressed.... i want a way to trigger that boot open wire remotely...

the happyblue dongles that plug into the obdii socket on some cars do a thing where pressing unlock on the remote twice in quick sucsession operates the boot release.... it's obviousely listening to the canbus signal that says the cars been unlocked.. and the second time it gets it within a timer setting it sends the boot release signal down the relevent bus... they have told me they dont do one for the meriva due to it's limited canbus.

So...

Any one know what i'd need to listen to the car unlock code on the canbus, i have a tiny bit of arduino programming knowledge... so could prolly do the timer and operating a relay in the boot release circuit.

The other idea, get a remote that has 3 buttons, one the dedicated boot release..... would be nice if the car recieved the boot release signal and registeres it on the canbus... but i imagine it wont,
    but what's the likelyhood of using something that can listen into the remotes signal, and upon recieving the bot release one operate a relay? i think that will be harder as it'll be a coded signal, rolling codes and all that?

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by gazz292 View Post
      I want to operate the electric boot catch remotely... with a view to having the boot pop open after fitting uprated struts.

i believe the meriva B dosent have much canbus things on it, but anyone know how i'd go about sniffing the canbus signals to see if there is one for the boot release?

if it's not on the canbus... and instead it just applies power to the boot release switch when the car is unlocked, waiting for the button on the boot to be pressed.... i want a way to trigger that boot open wire remotely...

the happyblue dongles that plug into the obdii socket on some cars do a thing where pressing unlock on the remote twice in quick sucsession operates the boot release.... it's obviousely listening to the canbus signal that says the cars been unlocked.. and the second time it gets it within a timer setting it sends the boot release signal down the relevent bus... they have told me they dont do one for the meriva due to it's limited canbus.

So...

Any one know what i'd need to listen to the car unlock code on the canbus, i have a tiny bit of arduino programming knowledge... so could prolly do the timer and operating a relay in the boot release circuit.

The other idea, get a remote that has 3 buttons, one the dedicated boot release..... would be nice if the car recieved the boot release signal and registeres it on the canbus... but i imagine it wont,
      but what's the likelyhood of using something that can listen into the remotes signal, and upon recieving the bot release one operate a relay? i think that will be harder as it'll be a coded signal, rolling codes and all that?
      Think its too many questions
      Hook up sniffer and filter messages till you will find whats what
      Than work from here
      Play with diag tool to narrow it down

Regarding other posts and questions
      Get eeprom reader what suits your needs and budget
      Applying 9volts to eeprom? What a hell they are trying to get done?
      Altering eeprom data isn't anything new but editing eeprom does not always do what you want as there is big role to mcu too

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Sorry, bad habit of mine (bi-polar.. got loads of projects on the go at once atm)

would the info i'm after in the canbus signals be on the GMlan.. pin 1 obdii socket?

The 9 volts gets applied to the item the eeprom is in.. say an IPC... apply 9 volts to the power in terminals on the main plug, stopping the rest of the circuit sucking the power from the eeprom programmer that's trying to flash it... this is for when people are altering the eeprom data over and over to try things out i believe... rather than continoully de-soldering the eeprom

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Sorry, bad habit of mine (bi-polar.. got loads of projects on the go at once atm)

would the info i'm after in the canbus signals be on the GMlan.. pin 1 obdii socket?

The 9 volts gets applied to the item the eeprom is in.. say an IPC... apply 9 volts to the power in terminals on the main plug, stopping the rest of the circuit sucking the power from the eeprom programmer that's trying to flash it... this is for when people are altering the eeprom data over and over to try things out i believe... rather than continoully de-soldering the eeprom
      All depends which ECU are you going to sniff, there can be or can't be any data on pin 1.
      If fallowing can wires there is cim ecu it can act like gateway or it can send messages only on request.
      So get wiring diagram and check how its wired and if can bus speed doesn't change between ecus, if it does you won't get any useful data as you will be looking for data at wrong kbps.
      But first of all get good learning materials on can bus network and start with it. Otherwise you will be looking at 1000's of hex messages without any clue whats what and what's going on there.

Vehicle
      i've got hold of tech2win32b, covers my car nicely,

i dont think it has a CIM module, but i could be wrong.

The boot release is controled by a relay in the BCM, but i am figuring the meriva b's BCM may not be like other vauxhauls ones, i know you can't control any lights or owt with an opcom like you can other models,

the happy blu/light show people said they dont do a module for the meriva as it dosent have enough of a canbus system,

the boot relay is triggered by grounding the boot release switch, obviousely this only happens when the car is unlocked, but i'm not sure if it's a can signal or simply the relay's power is inhibited by another relay in the remote access side of the bcm.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      i've got hold of tech2win32b, covers my car nicely,

i dont think it has a CIM module, but i could be wrong.

The boot release is controled by a relay in the BCM, but i am figuring the meriva b's BCM may not be like other vauxhauls ones, i know you can't control any lights or owt with an opcom like you can other models,

the happy blu/light show people said they dont do a module for the meriva as it dosent have enough of a canbus system,

the boot relay is triggered by grounding the boot release switch, obviousely this only happens when the car is unlocked, but i'm not sure if it's a can signal or simply the relay's power is inhibited by another relay in the remote access side of the bcm.
      Right can you tell me what ecu's you got

Vehicle
      A quick look at an op-com fault code readout says i have the following:

ECM
      EBCM
      VES
      EPB
      SAS
      BCM
      HVAC
      SDM
      IPS
      RADIO

I will shortly be adding a TIM.

Vehicle
      oops,
      IPS = IPC

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Which one of these are in your trunk area?
      Bcm should be connected via can bus to it
      And module in trunk should be triggering boot lock, i could be wrong but this is how it works in most cars. Without seeing a wiring diagram its a guess for now.

Vehicle
      there's no REC in meriva b's i believe (just a simple fuse board)

is this any use?
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boot wiring diagram.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	2198

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast