Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Meriva B 1.3 CDTI ~(A13DTE)

IPC, change from petrol to diesel model?

~Is it possible to change a petrol's IPC to a diesel one?

i'm making a big assumption that the petrol speedo will have the dpf and glow plug lights in there... it's the rev counter that'll be the biggest issue... as petrols read to 8k rpm, diesels read to 6k... and in normal driving rarely go over 3k rpm...

So, if i were to change the card (plastic bit with the numbers printed on it) over from my diesel IPC, can the needle be programmed to read correctly.. i.e. read 2k less and do full sweep at 6k rather than 8k???

Just i have a meriva with the 1.3 cdti engine, and can;t find an IPC for that model with the large driver info screen, but there is one from a petrol meriva available (meriva's with the small engines speedo goes to 150 mph, all others go to 170)

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      normally thats MCU controlled not eprom..

Vehicle
      Thought so, to internally programmed, bugger, so hard to find the IPC with the 140/150mph speedo and the diesels rev counter... with the large DIC and so on.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Mcu controls what ipc is doing and how
      Eeprom holds settings and information

So in your case if you will swap cards it could still show incorrect as mcu is set to control stepper motors bit different compared to diesel ones

But give it a try
      Swap cards attach diag tool, check revs in software and on ipc if they match you are good to go with it if not than no joy

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Cheers,
      main things i wanted a specific meriva IPC for was the lights in the gauges... DPF regen and that... that's not present in the insignia IPC i've got now... but found out i dont need them anyway, the DIC shows 'diesel partic. filter full, keep driving' when it does a regen (as that happened today.. and i noticed after that the average MPG had dropped from 52.3 to 37.5 due to the extra diesels being injected on the exhaust stroke)

Just noticed something about the speedo... from 0 to 80 mph both are the same, after 80 on the 170mph speedo, the distance is compressed between 10mph lines...

My lame attempt to overlay 2 images in ifranview (only photo editor software on this craptop)

Soooo. i'll get any diesels IPC that has the flat dial stype (i.e. without the silver ring around the edge) and swap the faces over... the speedo will be out reading past 80 mph... but it's a meriva with the 1.3 engine in it... 80 mph is a struggle at times anyway ... plus i'll have the DIC page 7 to show speed