Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: IPC change

Vehicle
    Meriva B 1.3 CDTI ~(A13DTE)

IPC change

I want to change the IPC on my meriva B, from the 2 line mileage display to the full size display,
    i have an IPC coming off ebay from an insignia, and i know the vin number of the insignia, will that help in any way, or will i still need to find the car pass code somehow,

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      I've got the reg number as well now, but no car pass code... noticed some online places charge £25 to get the code from the vin and reg numbers, wonder if there's a cheaper way... especially as i'm not even sure this ipc will work in my car

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Read eeprom code is in it
      And mileage can be changed to needed same time as well

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      I need someone who can do this for me, and code it to my car... might that need one of those TISweb codes (hoping my 2011 car, and the IPC from a 2011 car too is just outside the dates needing TIS codes)

But anyone know of someone near Chester... or in say a 75 mile radius who can do the coding thing... i have electronics stuff but it;s all in storage atm.. tho i dont have an eeprom code reader (yet)

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Drop message to soulman he must be closest to you whom i would trust doing it

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Got a little issue... fitted the indicator stalk with the buttons on it to run the driver info display, but it's not detecting it... still saying 'Driver Information Center Switch Undefined' and "B3567 - Info Display Select Switch Circuit - Open
      (04) - Present"

I presume i am missing a wire in my loom to read the extra switches?? i only have 5 wires going to the indicator stalk,

anyone know which pins i need to add wires to, and where the other end needs to be connected (i presume in the IPC connector??)

Vehicle
      I'm currently in Chester, and live in Scarborough, Pecky is within driving distance, but he dosent seem to be taking booking for work atm.

I've figured i need to find the IPC connector pinout, that is where the sensors for the screen wash and coolant bottle low switches connect, so i presume the wires from the stalk will go too,

I have 8 wires going to my IPC connector, and i've figured that i have 3 more wires to add from the stalk:

Thats the pcb in the stalks, the left hand one is the one with the extra buttons... that has an extra 4 pin connector, looking at the pcb traces, 1 pin goes to what i presume is the main power shared by the indicator and main beam functions, so 3 pins to relay the button presses to the ipc,

This is my stalk connector... i've marked where the extra wires need to go...

And my IPC connector block (after removing it from the locking external plug part)

Does anyone have the IPC connector pin out / wiring diagram, or any pictures / knowlage of which connectors from the stalk need to go where so i can ad these extra wires (or get someone to add them, as i currently dont have access to my wiring tools)

Vehicle
      Sorry for clogging the site up..

I've got some things sorted... on another forum someone got me the stalk to IPC pins i needed to connect, done that and got the DIC pages working with the stalk.... shorted out the pins for the coolant and washer bottle low switches (typical the meriva dosent have the option for coolant low switch, only one bottle available with no switch, the washer bottle is a drill and push in a grommet affair, so easy to do... but to do similar with the coolant bottle needs it to withstand at least 2bar of pressure)

I'm going to get another IPC, one thats similar to the meriva's type, and see if i can swap the dial card over (depends if the warning lights match up) then i will get it coded to my car by getting the eeprom altered.