Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vehicle
    Vectra
    code index should make a difference when pairing...

If you get totally stuck and want to send it to me I can have a look at it and try to pair it to one of my radios, and then we can see whats going on.. Can also put you on a 'blank' eprom as well..

I wonder if its a limitation with opcom as I think Dom was saying it doesnt like Delphi displays

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Cheers mate, before sending it off again I think I'm gonna see if I can ask a work colleague if I can try and pair on their car see if it actually does.

I've tried vauxcom and opcom and neither will. I'm wondering if it is as suggested by mrbean - my wiring, as my car does behave different to other zaffy s.

For example some who have issues. Are told to unplug their maf and see if car runs better. If I do that my cars a bag o shite! Also bulbs others have working on their Zaf don't work on mine.

Suppose it's possibly cuz mines a early one.

I've attached images of the screen details and EHU.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8295.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	2090

Name:	IMG_8296.jpg 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	2091

Name:	IMG_8305.jpg 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	2092

Vehicle
      zafira b sri xp 1.9cdti
      I'm in Nottingham you can use my wiring loom I have in my garage to program I was trying to solve your issue today I have a cd40 got the code today but it has not been depaired from its original screen was going to try pairing to a screen that has been divorced from another, but I think the dude that did my eprom read as done something to it as it does not power on, think he put eprom back wrong way but cant find any pictures to see which way it should be, hope he not fried it. so give me another day, but ill bet that's the problem had it my self this week with me putting a cd40 with dab on my cd70 navi screen, had to pair off car then put it back worked. offer there if you want half day out.

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Sorry for the delay in getting back guys still no joy.

I tried it in another car a 55 plate astra H but it still wouldn't marry! I guess I'm destined to get a touch screen jobbie so then it will work.

I have noticed that the plug socket on the back of the GID is blue and my connector block is grey. So thought that may be the reason.

Popped into Vauxhall today and took my GID in and explained that it used to be married to a cd30mp3 my bro in law purchased the. He sold me the mo3 which I paired to my BID. Then told them I tried to pair back and even had code checked but it would not remarry, I asked what they thought.

They put my car details up and said that the screen is a diff software to my car. I think he said my car is "AT" and the screen I'm trying to put in is SE (says on the back)so it won't work....

I did say if I marry it on a diff car that's SE would it work and he said yes it would then. So I asked him which ones would be SE and he just said that it's hit and miss and suggested I try an early astra H... so that's not helped much! I gave him my bro in laws old Reg and according to their system that's a ALS...

Have no idea what everything means does anyone else know about this AT SE etc

Vehicle
      Vectra
      they are called 'idents' and each model of device has one... it shouldnt really matter what you try to pair to what, its whether or not the unit has the right software to be able to work with the cars fuelling board computer etc etc.

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Tried everything mate and still no further... looks like I'm destined to get a aftermarket stereo to make it work

Vehicle
      Zafira B z19dth
      Right it's gone a bit weirder lol that's my car for you. Have tried messaging pecky but think he's awol at the mo.

Someone on another forum has read this screen previously and confirmed the code which I already had. He said it's a preface screen. However on parts catalogue and even on the display compatibility PDF on here it shows that it's compatible for my car. It was made 3 months after my car so i would have thought it would be fine.

My cars BID is AT

Name:	IMG_8599.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	2119

Vehicle
      Vectra
      Who read the screen in the first place mate?

And with certain screens it throws a wobbly with opcom/vauxcom as it cant pair it properly, best using tech2 or sending it off to have a fresh dump put on the display

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2