Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    CharlesdelrYNB

Astra 1.9 CDTI SRI 2007

Hi
    I'm new here and as I'm a woman and don't know anyone that knows about cars ,
    I bought this car yesterday because I owned one before and loved it ,

I'm worried as I think the seller thought "blonde bimbo I'll take advantage" because I hadnt even drove it before he quickly said he had to leave ,

It wasn't long driving it that to me sounds like when the wheel bearing goes (I owned a renualt Megane 1.9 DCI and the drivers side went and it was LOUD) ,

Having looked at the M.O.T history I'm confused as it says it failed the first time 11.01.2017

Failed Reason :
    *Offside Front track rod end ball joint has excessive play"
    And
    *Offside Front mcpherson strut corroded and seriously weakened top mounting .

And Advisories Were :
    *Nearside front mcpherson strut corroded but not ser8usky weakened strut mounting ,
    *Offside Front anti roll bar linkage has slight play in a ball joint

Then he put it through again it passed 18.01.2017 but the advisory says :

*Offside Front anti roll bar linkage slight play in a ball joint"

This is why I'm confused as it says the same on a "Fail" as it does on an "Advisory" ??

What things would he have had to fix for the M.O.T to go through ,
    I'm worried about the expense it's going to cost me ,
    Is it loud growling like metal to metal if it's the ball joint or do do you think the wheel bearing has gone ?

I'm sorry in advance if im rambling I'm just worried as the steering didn't seem perfect either , I've not driven it today

Any help I'd appreciate it

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Hi,

It is confusing that status has been used on the first MoT and then the 2nd has no mention of the top mounting.

If the steering doesn't feel right either, then if I am honest, for the £29 you can get MoT tests done for, I would try and get one done again, if it fails for the reasons cited on the first one, then I would look at rejecting the car and taking it up with VOSA ref the test centre that passed it.

Clearly if it comes back as passed again, then it may be OK.

Loud growling is the wheel bearing, mine went and the noise was horrendus. Track rod end would be more a knocking noise I would have thought. If the wheel bearing has gone I would expect an MoT to pick it up as once the car is in the air you can rotate the wheels and detect a knackered bearing.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors