Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vehicle
    Astra 1.9CDTi
    Ideal - I've never been overly involved in a lot of the retrofitting, but worked in a Vauxhall dealer environment for a total of 18 years, up until last year. I'd be tending to agree that the prescence of the steering angle sensor will be key to the function of the CIM in operating the ESP. I'd be trying to programming of the units once all fitted and seeing if the system operates.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Well we definitely have breakthrough here. To be honest I have never checked if my current CIM module supports ESP. I decided that it doesn't by default. Since my original IPC module (dashboard) didn't support Sport button function and there were no Cruise control LED support as well, although I had clutch switch fitted. I have changed the IPC with one, which supports Sport button and I have Cruise Control light now, Sport button is operational. That is why I decided that CIM module is basic as well. Later I will check what ident it is, but it definitely have Steering Angle sensor. I have tested it in measuring block under CIM module via Vaux-Com and there were live data when steering, showing the angle.

Congrats nikh667 for your experience and that you are sharing it with us! Really appreciated!

Regards,

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Okay, my CIM module ident is: 13184055 No alpha code available. Will try to search some info for it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7u...ew?usp=sharing

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9CDTi
      Great, hopefully it will be a case of changing the BUS options and it'll be functional as it is.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Hello,

I'm still pending some free time in order to test everything related with ESP, however I belive I found an issue with CIM module.

The situation is the following. I have "Auto" lights and they are currently set up for DRL in the day and full lights when getting dark. Anyhow there is no difference if it is on "Auto" mode or if I turn them On/Off manually:

- when lights off steering wheel controls are working as supposed to, some pictures with Vaux-Com outputs as well

- when lights on left steering wheel controls scroller is not working, it is not indicating in Vaux-Com when sliding Up/Down

- when lights on all other functions and buttons, except left steering wheel scroller are working fine, even left scroller button is working when pressing scroller down, indicated in Vaux-Com as well

I know about issue with CIM module where "Horn" is not working when lights are "On", here situation is quite similar since issue with left scroller not working is present only when lights are "On".

Do you have any idea about this? Shall I raise separate thread?

I hope my explanation is not much loosely and it is valuable enough in order you can understand the problem.

Regards,
      Nikolay

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Typo in copy/paste. Actually third picture is this one, when pressing left scroller with lights "On" is working.

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9CDTi
      Sounds like a possible CIM issue then with the scroll wheels - each of the functions on the steering wheel have inbuilt resistors of differing values, and depending on what function is operated, the circuit completes through a different resistance value, the CIM is programmed to know which value relates to which function. It's basically a way of having a bunch of controls on the wheel while using only a couple of wires instead of a wire for each one.

If the overall resistance of the wiring to the steering wheel increases/decreases due to bad contacts etc...it throws the whole lot off and hence affects the controls. That's what was happening with the whole horn thing and why pressing it quite often adjusted the radio volume.! This was mostly related to contacts within the CIM unit causing the issue.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Well it was quite in-depth description of way CIM module operates. In this case I will try standard work-around, instead of replacement with fixing inside contacts. I believe there was some metal bracket, which is fitting on the bottom-left side on the CIM module housing, after cleaning inside contacts first.

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Here is an update here. Issue with steering wheel control is resolved using OEM metal bracket.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7u...w?usp=drivesdk

I put it on the bottom left section of the CIM module.

I tried to fix the issue with speaker, but I couldn't disassemble CIM module.

Tried to find some guide how to properly do it, but no luck.

If someone have it - some steps ot maybe a video, could you please share with me?

Regards,

Vehicle
      Opel Astra Mk5 1.7 DTH
      Hello all,

Project for retrofitting ESP is complete. What I have done so far:

- installed new IPC module which supports ESP - ident NC / 13216660
      - new hazard switch unit with SPORT button - ident XE / 13100107
      - additional wiring installed between hazard switch and IPC - Pin 8 goes to 41 / And 17 to 11
      - installed ABS pump with ESP and DDS support - ident AS / 13234911
      - installed SNS-YAW sensor under handbrake - ident EZ / 24448214
      - installed brand new CIM module - 93181313 - manufactured 16.12.2014

Everything is programmed and set up. Traction control and ESP are working fine.

The problem is that I cannot turn-off ESP by pressing and holding SPORT button. Orange LED on the button illuminates and Sport mode indicates as active, however it cannot turn off ESP.

Any ideas here?

Regards,
      Nikolay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast