Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Zafira B

CD70 GPS Antenna Placement

Hi all,

I've just got myself a CD70 and CID for my Zafira B and the GPS antenna and RGB cable to boot.

I'd like to know if there are any recommended places for mounting the GPS antenna? As it's a retrofit, I'm assuming that I do not have the two port GPS compatible roof aerial and I'd rather not have to pull down all the headlining and replace the aerial base so was hoping that there is somewhere else that works just as well inside?

I know that there is a space under the grill in the dash centre for an extra speaker that could potentially be used however I believe our car has this speaker installed (I can hear sound from that area when the radio is on now. We have a CD30 MP3 currently so whether the CD30 even supports the extra speaker may dispel that as a myth).

Similar Threads

1. Gps antenna
    By Glizdunia2 in forum Zafira
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th April 2017, 01:21 PM
  2. Vectra C DAB antenna question
    By stonedagain in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31st January 2014, 07:29 PM
  3. CD70 Navi GPS antenna question.
    By M_Blue in forum Infotainment - ICE - In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 7