Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti - 2008

Erase all fobs and keys and have fresh start

Hi all
    I am after some experienced advice
    My son recently bought a corsa c - 2004 plate - it only come with 1 key and the remote on it doesn't work so son has to do doors manually
    On checking with opcom 2 keys are programmed and it said we are using key 2 , god knows who has key 1 we haven't
    I have a brand new fob from Vauxhall and that will just slide into his current key blade.
    The issue is I don't like key 1 being programmed not knowing who has it and also another big issue I have a combo van 2008 and my remote buttons open and lock his doors.
    So how can I rectify this - erase all keys and then reprogram the new fob with original blade will that sort the problems out or should I do something else
    Do I remove all fobs and then all keys and then program current key blade with new fob into slot one this meaning only one key programmed what I want
    There is no alarm on car, do I have to do anything with locks and also immobiliser
    If someone could explain the simplest way to do it and what sections of opcom I need to go on it would be so very much appreciated
    Many thanks for any help

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      There is id40 chip in plastic piece attached to blade, get new chip erase all keys and program new one so with old chips no one will be able to start it. Than reprogram remotes so it only has one

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Ok hooked up opcom to sons corsa c - went to bcm and entered security code correctly and then pressed erase all key fobs and got message successful then next I click on program new key fob , the fob is brand new bought from GM spares , so I keep pressing the buttons on the fob but nothing happens. The little light on the new fob flashes red when pressed, so to make sure it's not my sons car I tried with my fob erased it and programmed it within seconds ,
      So all I can take it from all this the brand new fob I bought off eBay from GM spares is faulty
      Many thnaks

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Does it has chip inside?
      When you remove central locking piece from blade look inside that piece where blade is attached there must be small black piece attached in one side without it no chance to program key.

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Check this video where it says transponder chip

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      https://youtu.be/80vmKuL6M18

Vehicle
      Yes it has the transponder chip in the blade part , it lets me erase all keys fobs and says successful , next I click on program new remote fob it says press button on the fob I do that little light on the fob flashes red when I press buttons but nothing happens so eventually I exit opcom

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Ah i see you are programming remotes not key to start engine.
      For engine start you need to program in immo

Vehicle
      My son recently bought car and 3 keys are programmed to it but he only got 1 and the key fob was knackered could only open car with key in locks
      So we bought a brand new fob from gm spares for corsa c
      I wanted to erase all fobs and all keys and have a fresh start so he is the only one that has a key that will work in vehicle
      I have done many of these before with opcom
      You have to erase all fobs in BCM area then program new fob same area
      Then in immobiliser erase all keys and reprogram key in as old not new as the transponder chip is old
      But as I said I get the erase all key fobs done, press on program new fob and message comes up telling me to press one of the new remote buttons which I do for ages but nothing happens so I can only think the new fob is defective

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!