Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Vauxhall combo 1.3 cdti - 2008

Changing cdr2005 radio/cd and display unit to cd30 radio/cd and display problems

Hello
    I ordered a cd30 radio/cd player and display unit off eBay for my sons car , seller said it was paired from 2004 model the same as my sons , the problem is when removed the current display just now the connector on my sons car is far to small to go into the back off the display unit I bought off eBay
    Can the connector be changed on my sons car to the bigger connector thus saving the hassle and cost of sending everything back to the eBay seller
    My sons car rev is VO54WVP if it helps and the pictures included are the connector on my sons car
    If anyone could help it would most appreciated
    Many thanks
    I see on eBay they sell the grey 32 pin connector for £9.99 could I take original connector off and fit this ?
    Another thought if the original connector was taken off original circuit board and put on new cd30 circuit board and then put everything back in original display housing and plug back would that work ?
    Just trying my luck to save sending it all back to eBay seller and postage costs
    Any help in resolving this would be so appreciated
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1099.jpg   IMG_1098.jpg   IMG_1100.JPG  

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      The first 2 pics is what is in car at the moment the new display off eBay requires the last pic quadlock

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      If you need just connector send me prepaid envelope and i can post one to you

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Thank you so much that is so kind of you - but to take out the cdr2005 and change it to cd30 and change the display connectors from a 12 pin connector to a 32 pin connector , sounds like its a absolute nightmare to do and wiring to change and wiring to add I am not very good at that sort of thing
      So I will probably send back to seller cd30 and display and get a refund and then look for another cdr2005 radio and a display unit
      Thank you

Vehicle
      Vectra
      u need what is called a halfcan to fullcan conversion... which is an adapter lead made up from the iso block (blue one) to the quadlock... plus the pins need moving from the 12pin plug to a 32 pin one (which you've discovered) and then two wires running down to the OBD port for communication purposes with diagnostics equipment such as opcom/tech2...

I do have a cdr2005 available and possibly screen as well (bigger better type but still needs 32pin plug, but can throw that in)