Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	344

Hi,

I've been interested in cars and tastfully modifying them since I got my first personal car in 2005, having had company cars upto that point.

I started with an Astra MK4 convertible exclusiv

I fitted the GSI bumper, rear spoiler, Koni FSD shocks, Irmscher lowering springs, Irmscher grille, Irmscher rear bumper spats, Irmscher bonnet extension, sat nav console with inbuilt TV and probably loads more but I can't rember at the momnet.

My brother was a regional organiser for Astra Owners Club, at one of the meets, a Mk5 Thurlby 888 attended the meet. I liked it as soon as I saw it and promptly searched Pistonheads.com that night and found one an hour away from me for sale.

I went to see it the next day and within a week I was the proud owner of 888 No. 86

Name:	888-86.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	345

When it came to wanting to modify the MK5, I first came accross the dreaded CANBUS, which means that everything needs to be programmed in and is not plug and play like the convertible was.

After a lot of research, I decided to take the plunge and purchase Vaux-com and shortly after the dealer tool, Tech2. I could now do anything I wanted again and wasn't restricted by the diagnostics and programming systems. Word soon got out and I started taking on work for other people and became very knowledgeable on the Astra H in particular.

After a few years of 888 ownership, a car I always planned to keep, I found that RobH was selling the only 888 Estate ever produced as he personally commissioned it.

I needed a slightly larger car, so went for a viewing and agreed a sale on first sight.

I the became the proud owner of 888 Estate No.1

Name:	estate2.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	346

After running the 888 Estate to 118K miles it was time for a change, so I moved into an Insignia Bi-Turbo 4x4 with all factory options

The insignia proved to be a great car and did me well for 168K miles before it came time to change again.

I'm now currently running an Astra J VXR

Name:	vxr2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	2173