Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Zafira B 1.8

Question Replacing UEC using OP-COM

Hi Guys,

I have a faulty UEC fitted to my Zafira B, and a tech2 reset, UEC from a Vx breakers.

Using OP-COM I have been able to access the variant programming for my current UEC and have recorded all these settings. I am usure about how to pair the new UEC to my car.

I would be most grateful if somebody could outline the procedure for pairing up the new UEC, do I need to reset my old UEC first? Or can I just fit and pair the new UEC?

Thanks!

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I've never had to fit a replacement UEC so can't advise on the process.

Pirate OPCOM often struggles to code anything from scratch, it's ok at times for the basic programming.

You shouldn't need to unpair your current one, I wouldn't anyway because if you can't program the reset one, no point in having 2 you can't programme.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.8
      Thanks for your reply Pecky. As you have worked out I am trying this with ebay OP-COM.

I have tried to pair by using MY> BODY> UEC> PROGRAMMING> IMMOBILISER OPTIONS> SET SECURITY CODE TO UEC (exact wording may be wrong!). It wouldn't let me do anything with the new UEC without a security number, this led me to assume that the old one had not been tech2 reset as advertised. Using the same section of OPCOM I have tried to unpair the old UEC, I can go through the motions of clearing the security number and can set UEC not present on the low speed CAN configuration. Once I have done this the car still starts! Is this the correct process for unpairing a module such as this?

Assume that this is a 'feature' of my OPCOM (090820), do you think it would be worth me trying a more recent software version (100219) still with my 1.39 hardware, or should I give up now and take it to a tech2 equipped pro? I'm not a nutter who is hell bent on destroying my car, just a bloke who gets a lot of satisfaction from working on my own cars and learning new things!

Thanks again for your reply!

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      You called it an OPCOM, so has to be the ebay version, you can't buy OPCOM in the UK.

I've got the legitimate Vaux-com 110315 version and I still wouldn't use it for doing this, but then that's the benefit of having Tech2.

To reset on tech2, you do just that "Reset ECU" in the programming menu and that will clear the security code. No need to change the low speed can, although I wouldn't drive the car with UEC set to not present. It may stop receiving data that it should be and odd things may stop working as the UEC is a fairly critical item.

If the new one is divorced, then after BODY> UEC> PROGRAMMING> IMMOBILISER OPTIONS> SET SECURITY CODE TO UEC you would input the new security code, i.e. your cars original code.

If it won't take it then it is either still coded and not reset or OPCOM is not upto it. On Tech2 you just hit PROGRAM ECU and it will take you full the full programming sequence step by step and tell you when to turn on/off the ignition as is sometimes required.

RESET ECU is pretty dangerous on cars when all you have is an opcom as programming back in is impossible at times without Tech2
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira B 1.8
      Thanks again for your detailed reply.

I have deliberately steered clear of using the 'reset ECU' function of OP-COM for fear of causing damage!

I have got an excellent mobile Vx diagnostics man local to me who shall be getting a call tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help, and for establishing such a useful forum!

Gus

Vehicle
      Opel Astra H
      Hi, how did you sort it out Gus?
      I have a second hand UEC installed (that is how the car was bought) for which I don't know the code and I would like to reset it to my security code if I find the old code.

Thank you.