Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Vehicle
    Astra H 1.8 (2004)
    The brightness problem is solved. The display was just set to a very dark contrast value. And the EEPROM was not set firmly in the socket I soldered to the display board. I did that to be able to put it back into the programmer without desoldering each time. When it lost contact the screen went blank.

Ok, so the thing is basically working again. I was about to ask if it's possible to get at least the ECC working without programming, but Pecky beat me to it. So it's not even possible to get the fan running? So hot this week....

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      unless you find a dump where the ECC is enabled on the midspeed already..

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.8 (2004)
      Based on the VIN I found out that the car configuration of one of the dumps I got is almost identical to my own Astra, and it was manufactured only 1 month before mine. But I could only see that it has air condition, not if it's automatic or manual. Judging by all the other features it has, it's surely an ECC. But it doesn't work anyway.
      Oh well...guess I have to find somebody with an OP-Com or Tech2...

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.8 (2004)
      Hi, back again with new questions.

I've got an OP-Com now and today I tried to make the display work. My success was only partial. The ECC is running again and it also shows the board computer tab again. I re-married the display and the radio. The "safe" message is gone now.
      Problem: It still says "Program Display" and doesn't display the actual temperature. I'm not sure about the range and board computer displays as I didn't drive after programming. Until now the data is visible, but empty.

It also has 3 fault codes stored which don't go away:
      B1001 - Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Not Programmed
      U2147 - CAN-Bus No Communication with AHS (Add On Heater)
      U2209 - ????

I have no idea what the last two are. Is AHS = Quickheat or is it something else? And what is U2209? I can't find that code anywhere.
      I haven't programmed the code index yet, because the software doesn't offer me the index I seem to need (002).

P.S.: As I currently have the EEPROM in a socket I put it into the programmer to have a look at the data after programming with op-com. And it looks as if the data is byteswapped, at least that's how my programming software displays it when I view it as 8 bit. The software doesn't allow me to read or write an EEPROM 8 bit or 16 bit. It just reads and writes 512 bytes to/from a 93c66. I can only switch to 16 bit when I view the buffer content, but that is only temporary. So could that mean I've programmed the EEPROM the wrong way round all the time?

Vehicle
      Vectra
      if you read the data in a certain way and write it back without changing anything then it should be the correct way around for your particular programmer...

Which ecu is reporting not programmed? the display? With tech2 you go to 'program ecu' and it takes you through all the various stages one at a time , like program midspeed, program lowspeed, program high speed, variant configuration.. once it reaches the end of the programming then its programmed.. With opcom you dont have that facility you program each bit as you like but sometimes it doesnt recognise the unit has been fully programmed...

No comms with AHS, its looking for an Add on Heater, on in EU countries which are really cold... look to see if its enabled in the lowspeed can (i think, if it is, set it to not present)

not sure what u2209 is..... think it may be maximum configuration list not set.. which means it has something in one of the canbus tables which shouldnt be there, or it should be there but isnt.. compare all 3 speeds against the cim and set the display ones correctly..

Vehicle
      Opel
      Since he did not program the code index, hence display is not finished with programming, logic, Program ECU.

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.8 (2004)
      Now I'm sure my EEPROM programming was wrong. Today I loaded the dump in Winhex, byteswapped it and programmed again. That looked way better in the car. Yesterday all the settings were totally wrong. The fault codes are gone as well.

But now the next problem showed up: After programming all the correct settings, the display now shows "Headunit Safe". If I try to deactivate theft protection in the EHU, op-com says "programming failed". I tried my own code and the code from the GID's EEPROM dump. In the data list both EHU and GID have "ID OK" and no security timer running. Yesterday, when I had that wrong dump loaded, I was able to dectivate the radio's theft protection successfully several times, but now it won't cooperate anymore.

Can somebody tell me the correct procedure to divorce and marry the two devices again? I found many descriptions, but each one is different somehow

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.8 (2004)

Thumbs up

Success!

Everything's working again. But I wasn't able to divorce the display and the radio as long as they had different codes. In the end I had to load a divorced dump into the GID. After that I could deactivate theft protection of the radio. Then I wrote the right dump back to the display (it has the code index I need), married the radio with the display code, divorced again and finally married both with the code of my car.

I still don't understand why I can't divorce when radio and GID have different codes. I'd be glad if somebody could explain that to me. Is it just a an op-com thing? Would it be possible with a Tech2?

Apart from that I say a great big thank you for all the help!

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Display is a gateway to radio, bluetooth, dab
      Without display you cant access these units.
      You cant divorce even with tech2 if codes doesnt match in display and radio
      Display and radio shares code and other info if it doesnt match it wont let you reset it its a security feature
      For future fidling always keep one reset unit if wanna change anything, ie if changing radio make sure display is in delivery state or replacement radio is in delivery state

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.8 (2004)
      Thinking about it, I already came to the conclusion that it can't work. But I wasn't entirely sure, reading in different threads that an undivorced display can be divorced later in another car. But I guess that always implies that the old display has been divorced beforehand. I could not do that, since I had killed both displays

So it's all clear to me now. Case closed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3