Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vehicle
    Insignia OPC
    If you buy new unit it will pair automatically. Only programing at the dealers to upload your configuration plus vci code for radio retrofit. If you buy second hand it must be divorced on the donor car . That is what I know.

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stanishev View Post
      If you buy new unit it will pair automatically. Only programing at the dealers to upload your configuration plus vci code for radio retrofit. If you buy second hand it must be divorced on the donor car . That is what I know.
      I will correct you a little bit
      VCI isnt anything else as vehicle configuration index
      Any new radio will be blank without settings so you apply for vci when you got vci ready you upload settings in radio for your car
      So no difference its new or 2nd hand it must go thrue all this process anyway

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stanishev View Post
      Correct, A brand new unit self codes it's vin to the car it is plugged into and the configuration via MDI

It is not possible to reset a 2nd hand unit in the original car using dealer tools. You don't need to, the process of VCI request updates the VIN stored, so it doesn't need to be cleared before hand.

I've done a navi 600 navi to navi 900 by VCI code. The navi900 was brand new, I had just plugged it in my own car for testing and it took on my VIN, so for programming purposes it was 2nd hand as it had another VIN.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      2013 Insignia 2.0cdti with toys.
      Quote Originally Posted by pecky View Post
      Correct, A brand new unit self codes it's vin to the car it is plugged into and the configuration via MDI

It is not possible to reset a 2nd hand unit in the original car using dealer tools. You don't need to, the process of VCI request updates the VIN stored, so it doesn't need to be cleared before hand.

I've done a navi 600 navi to navi 900 by VCI code. The navi900 was brand new, I had just plugged it in my own car for testing and it took on my VIN, so for programming purposes it was 2nd hand as it had another VIN.
      But from what you are saying Vauxhall would not provide a VCI file? and the system would detect that it had a Navi600 and refuse to program?

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Most of dealers gets vci refused but independant individuals most of them gets it accepted.
      Dont know why could be down to vx staff knownledge

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      I have always assumed it is down to EU Law on competition. Opel would be entitled to control what their own network of dealers can do, however EU law states that all manufacturers must give access to their systems to the aftermarket network so they cannot be considered anti-competitive.

So whilst the dealer network is controlled, for them to refuse the VCI to the aftermarket when the car supports it would be anti-competitive. They just charge through the nose for them now, so they still comply, you just have to pay a lot for the time to create the new config.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Peugeot Expert
      Ohh yea they made changes to subscription and vci requests too

Vehicle
      Insignia OPC
      Hi again guys. From what you say it seems that I must look for someone with MDI who is not a dealer and maybe he will have the chance to receive VCI for radio retrofit . The official dealers answer was that part number is not compatible with my VIN , which is absolutely wrong. It works fine except the stupid amplifier and etc.

Vehicle
      zafira tourer
      i have a cd400+ and was wondering where you got the wiring diagram to add the missing wiring to your harness for the navi 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2