Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    n/a

[Astra mk4] - Instrument Cluster and ATWS eeproms

Hi,

I recently got into this mania of decoding the inner workings of the eeproms found on the astra mk4 and quite likely others. I am sure this has been done millions of times with various software I just want to see how stuff is actually written on the eeproms.

I have read the contents of the instrument cluster eeprom instrument eeprom_226385.bin using opcom and verified that my PIN is 7446 by byte values "161d" (I know my PIN). If someone can show me how mileage is written the great ! I know that it should be written either encoded somehow or in BCD format/similar.

Now I am trying to figure out what the PIN is on a spare ATWS unit that I have which I have read the contents of the 93LC56B lcb56b_bin.bin using my pickit. I can see that there are 2 keys programmed in and some patterns but not a clue about where the PIN is. I can start trying out all the suspect bytes, get locked out, retry until I find the right one

If someone can help out just for the fun of it it would be nice. I can have a spare ATWS if need be in the future.

Evros

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I must be going blind.. Can see byte values 161d in there.. (now i can, was looking at the atws eprom!)

I know about the ATWS in the vectra B but it is a different size / layout to the mk4 astra...

The Ident and the part number are the same between them in the ATWS thats all I can see at the mo..

Normally you would see the keys on the IMMO and not the ATWS?

Vehicle
      n/a
      Hi and thank you for replying. What do you mean by "between them" ? The unit I read the EEPROM fromm is a spare one I have. I already have ATWS installed and I got the second unit in a joblot off ebay to try out reading the EEPROM since I'd always wondered how this works exactly.

So in effect the PIN is only stored as 2 byte values in the EEPROM ? In a brute force manner; excluding the recognisable bytes (remote key patterns, we know there is enough space for 5 of them and part numbers, etc), I could keep trying possible PINs until I get the right one ?

Evros

Visitors found this page by searching for:

astra atws pin