Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Thread: Display safe

Vehicle
    Zafira

Display safe

Hi
    I just bought 06 plate vauxhall zafira wehich has got cd30. The display shows 'display safe' message. Apparently its because the last owner changed the battery. I have got the code but I need help how to put that code in as I tried pressing AS button after turning the stereo off but it won't do anything (doesn't ask for the code). Can anyone help please

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      Nothing at all to do with changing the battery, it's not possible for that to cause display safe message, that is only possible if radio or display has been changed.

Nothing you can do without knowing both codes and there is no way to manually input the code, has to be done with tech2.

Both items can be decoded to know which has been changed and re-coded to work.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira
      Thanks for the quick reply but could you please just let me know the procedure to put the code as the last owner insists its only due to the change of battery it might be worth trying!

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      It's impossible, there isn't a procedure using the buttons on the radio.

100% nothing due to battery, it is a mismatched code.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Zafira
      Thanks again for your reply but the owner keeps insisting that he just changed the battery and it was perfectly working. Now the stereo is working perfectly apart from this message on display after turning it on. Do you suggest a visit to dealer?

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      As it is a mismatched code there the dealer will not be able to help you.

I've moved your thread out the help desk so others can see it.

You need to find someone who can decode, as it is not clear if it is the radio or CD player which has been changed. so both may need to be read.

Soulman is a lot closer to you than I am.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Vehicle
      Vectra
      I concurr with Peckys advice on this... No need for me to repeat what he has said as its all spot on...

Visitors found this page by searching for:

https:www.diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php6073-Display-safe

https:diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php6073-Display-safezafira display safevauxhall zafira removing display safevauxhall vectra display safevauxhall zafira radio display safevauxhall vivaro radio display safevauxhall zafira display safehttps:www.diagnostics.org.ukshowthread.php6073-Display-safe#::text=I just bought 06 plate last owner changed the battery.why does my radio says display safe