Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Vehicle
    Corsa-C Y17DTH + Vectra-C Z19DT

DAB45 code retry count/timer - available via OPCOM?

Finally gotten round to progress the DAB install for my OWN car, having installed DAB in my partners car and 3 lots of cruise control for friends.
    I was relatively sure I had it in "delivery state" but it keeps showing "DAB SAFE".
    Someone decoded the EEPROM for me so the code, if it's still in effect, should be 8280.
    But I've no way of telling how many tries I have left and whether the retry timer has finished yet or not.
    I've looked under DAB in OPCOM for Vectra-C 2006, 2008, 2009 and Astra-H (various years) but there seems to be no "measuring blocks" for DAB.
    Has anyone else found them? I have OPCOM v100219a if that helps.
    Currently leaving the ignition on, with DAB configured in EHU+DIS mid-speed CANBUS config in the hope I can try again in a few hours.
    Also, I re-paired the CDC40 and GID to 8280 without the DAB connected , or configured in mid-speed CANBUS config - maybe that'll be enough?

P.S. I used a break-jack socket in-between audio out from DAB and aux-in on CDC40. Normally it connects DAB to CDC40 but if I insert a jack it mechanically switches to jack-to-CDC40. Thought it would be nicer than having a switch!
    As an example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5-mm-Swi...-/122002247364
    so it looks discrete in my car like this:
    (just to the right of the CDC40)
    (please excuse messy mid-DAB installation!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160602_172008.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	1808

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      I keep following up my own posts - sorry for the waffle, but I hope the resolution helps someone, somewhere...

I was pretty sure the code for the DAB was 8280. So, without DAB unit connected or configured into CDC40 and GID, I changed the code for the CDC40 and GID to 8280. Reconfigured CDC40 and GID back to including DAB unit.
      Display still showed "DAB SAFE" so the retry timer was still running. Left the ignition on for about 6 hours to let the timer run down.
      Turned everything off then on again and it's all happy now.

Last task is to reset all three devices back to my car's "official" code. However I discovered that leaving OPCOM plugged into the car and the laptop, even though the laptop was turned off, drained the laptop's battery
      My OPCOM seems to be REALLY screwy about running from a laptop that's powered by an in-car inverter so gotta wait a few hours for the laptop to charge...

In the mean time, going to research/decide where to connect the permanent +12VDC and Gnd that the DAB wants. Could tie into GID socket (had to fit the MS-CAN wires there anyway), plus that would allow me to keep the two pairs of wires (green+white & brown+white) together neatly.

Fitting the DAB aerial is in the hands of the gods as I'm buggered if I'm doing that in the rain!!

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      hi
      how did you wire the aux connector if you don't mind me asking

Vehicle
      Sure...

The audio left & right from the DAB share a common ground/shield and usually end up going to the audio L&R and audio ground on the CDC40.
      So what I did was essentially 'cut' into the audio cables and fit a socket.

The socket has 5 pins:

1. ground (DAB + radio)
      2. audio left in from DAB (disconnected if jack is inserted)
      3. switched audio left out to radio
      4. audio right in from DAB (disconnected if jack inserted)
      5. switched audio right out to radio

When there's no jack inserted into the socket, pins 2 & 3 are mechanically linked and pins 4 & 5 are also connected.
      Where there IS a jack inserted (e.g. from your mobile) then pins 3 & 5 are connected to the jack (/mobile) and pins 2 & 4 are left floating/disconnected.

I used a multimeter to work out which pins did what as it can vary between models of socket.
      The "tip" of a jack is "left" audio, by the way. "Ring" - "Right" - "Red" (coloured wire)

Vehicle
      Astra 1.6 VVT Elite 2011
      cheers for that, that gives me some scope

Vehicle
      Further adventures of DAB installation...

So it looks like my new car code is 8280 as that's the only code my DAB will accept from the EHU + DIS. All other codes make the DAB complain "DAB SAFE". Also, I can use the DAB when the EHU + DIS are in "delivery state" so I wonder if the "ID compare" is initiated by the DIS to the EHU and DAB.
      Maybe one day I'll leave the ignition on for 10 hours, 40 minutes (the max timeout) and see if I can deactivate the code in the DAB. Not sure I can be bothered.

If anyone else is thinking about installing a DAB into a Vectra-C then I'd love to know where it actually fits and how to get it there! I ended up shoving it behind the heater controls (only just fits) and I'm sure that's not the right place.
      Make sure your new cables are long enough to easily get from DAB to radio and display (via aux-in jack if you're fitting one). It's waaaaay better to have too much cable and tuck it behind the radio than it is to not have enough

No aerial to the DAB yet and no music on my phone yet so haven't tested the DAB/aux-in. Hope it works after all this otherwise I might have to rip it all out and start again

Vehicle
      Vectra
      the bcm needs to be remove to fit it. its a right pain and tight to fit