Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Vehicle
    none

Reading an eeprom how too????

Right I'm completely new to this and spent the other day reading through the post and thought I had the general gist of it, so I bought a minipro programmer as it was suggested in a few posts, but its arrived and I've no idea how the tiny eeprom chip can fit on it as the programmer looks far to big for it, I'm now completely lost and have searched the site for an actual "how to" on the process and how to install the eeprom into the programmer and the reading processetc, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

SWS

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra H SXi Easytronic 1.6 TP
      The chip is what is known as an SO8 package. This means Small Outline 8 pin. The programmer is set up for DIP chips. Those are larger Dual Inline Pin or Dual Inline Package devices.
      The following searches are not recommendations for any particular seller, just examples of the adapter you will need to use.
      For reading chips, have a look through something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLG03f_ua5g at about 8m 40s for using the device, and around 21m for reading memory chips. There are probably better beginner guides on youtube, if you search for them, though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SO8-SOP8-T...8AAOxy7AxSJ2QQ
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/RHX-Univers...2&tag=duc08-21

Vehicle
      none
      Thanks for the advice, I ordered a adapter and a on board connector which attaches to the chip without needing to remove it but i'll get to that.

So have loaded the device onto my pc, installed the adapter with number 1 nearest the locking handle on the device, now I tried the on board clamp but it wouldn't work just kept giving me an error, no I have no idea what setting this thing needs, so any advice on boxes to tick, un tick, if it needs an update etc for it to work.

I got the eeprom off the board and got the following, now my soldering isn't the best and I don't have any other items off this car to test the codes from it but would appreciate if someone could check if this looks right?

cd30test.zip

hope a zips ok as the file was too big otherwise.

again any setting I should be trying anyone who's using the minipro programmer.

Vehicle
      Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
      The dump file is way too big, it looks like the data is being read, but it is being repeated over and over.

I don't know that programmer and software to tell you what settings to change.
      Richard Peck
      www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
      Vectra
      make sure you are selecting the right chip from the program itself..

2nd tab along at the top 'Select IC' then Search and Detect...

Select manufacturer of chip.. Have a close look at it and pick the right one... will be either a 93c66 (st) 95640, 24c32...

The manufacturer of the chip fairchild, microelectronics can be determined by either the initials on it or by the 'logo'.. have a google and you will find a list/datasheet of all the different manufacturers, but in practicality the chips (ie 93c66) are the same between them...

Vehicle
      none
      I'm very new to this but yeah I've tried putting the bin through the decoder and it won't have it.

If i scroll through the file though the ascii makes sense, theres track numbers and names, radio stations etc, writing is so tiny and I've no idea what I'm actually looking for at the minute, I'm a fairly quick study but not alot of info to study off at the minute. chip says 9864086 9433v I think, but its not auto detecting the ic?

Vehicle
      none
      Right I figured it was a 95640w not a 9864086 printed in very small writing on the top of the chip, need to invest in a good magnifying glass lol. took a while to figure out the IC selecting as it wouldn't auto select, and I didn't know the brand but went with ST as suggested.

c30-1.BIN

I get:

Security code: 0506
      model: cd30
      Serial: GM003142890109
      part number:13190856
      hardware number: 13190728
      production date: 15.10.2004
      Ident: yy
      code index: 002
      audio index: 022

now I can't test this as the eeprom has now seen better days even if my soldering was any good. can someone confirm this.

Also can the eeproms be tested on the item without removal? I bought one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOIC8-SOP8...0AAOSwHQ9WaAcA

I couldn't get it to work while the eeprom was on the cd30 but not sure if that was me or that they just can't be read in situ? shame if not would make life alot easier. appreciate any replies I think I'm getting there.

Vehicle
      Vectra
      it wont auto detect no...

you have to manually select it... what type of cd30 is it? mp3? grundig? blaupunkt? your missing a number from that chip

nah them thinks wont work as pin configuration vary between chip to chip...

edit: that dump file appears fine now..

Vehicle
      none
      Thanks soul man, I'll give a few other bits a try tomorrow and get my head round it a bit better.

Vehicle
      Astra H SXi Easytronic 1.6 TP
      Sometimes you can read the IC in-circuit, sometimes you can't. It is usually worth a try, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast