Hello all

I have been handed a car that's been into two garages for diagnosis and repair one could not get to the bottom of it the second ran tests and handed the following paperwork to the owner with no clear answers.

The fault with the car: it go.s into limp mode when driven and the rpm hits 1500 to 2000. why only when its driven i guess your asking for more demand from the car ? it has faulted a few times when stood still and just floored but it faults every time when travelling.

The error codes i have been given:

P0703 brake switch/brake light switch (malfunction)
P0002 fuel metering unit (outside specified range) this code showed up 3 x on test
P0090 Pressure control valve (control deviation positive)
P1125 Throttle valve control motor (Response faulty)
P0638 Throttle valve TV control unit (open circuit)

My background i am heavy plant engineer so know my way around computer management, engines ect.
This is my step daughters car i have offered to get it sorted as the money they have spent seems to of got them know were and am shocked that two so called experienced professional garages haven't even done the basic's of replacing the fuel filter. one of them even let the car run out of fuel on test .
I found your forums when looking up the swirl flap fault and reading through some of the other posts here am quite impressed with the knowledge base.

So i need your help and guidance please.
I realise the brake switch fault will not be relevant but want to give the hole picture.

Above is the rail pressure results when tested.

I have been told the fuel pump regulator and pressure rail have been changed but considering the filters not even been considered just want to start again.
I have not done anything as of yet.

I am also waiting for a fault code scanner to clear down everything again. fuel filter will be changed tomorrow.
Any advice and guidance will be greatly received.

Kind regards Tim.