Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi again Tim.
    Found 2 links that should help with removal/cleaning and the dry joint issues if they're what causing your problems.
    https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showt...-Z19DTH-engine
    and here
    https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showt...-body-CDTI-150
    I think you may have to register on the Vecta-c.com forum to be able to see the photo,s they've posted. I think it takes a day for them to authorise membership though.
    The throttle body(valve) is held on by 3 star head type bolts but watch out for the metal gasket between the TB and the end of the manifold it will most likely drop down when you part the TB from the manifold, and it can be difficult to retreive as the space below is full of pipes, cables and brackets.
    If your egr valve is still working and is unblanked there will lots of really thick oil (looks and feels more like tar) in the manifold and the TB which needs scrapping out and then a good clean with the likes of carb cleaner. The electrical connectors are sometimes a pain to get off as there is a locking tab and a spring clip thingy to work free.
    Regarding removing and cleaning out the manifold. Yes the HP pump needs to be removed as you can't access at least one of the manifold bolts with it in place. It's really dirty awkward job to DIY and I think a garage will want a full day to do the job and they probley won't want to modify the manifold although bit is relatively easy.
    If you want to go the whole hog and delete the swirl vales there is a guide on Vectra-c forum, the blanking plug kits can be ordered from a few places on ebay for around £40. There are 2 different types of plugs depending on the manifoild fitted so bear that in mind, I ended up with the wrong set and had to order the other type putting a couple of days on job when we did it, there's a serial number on the manifold which will indicate which plugs you need. I think that can only be found on the underside meaning you have do do all the graft before ordering your plugs.
    Being as your mileage is a lot less than mine and your not getting the black smoke (over fuelling) on accelleration it maybe that the swirl flaps are not worn or that you have one of the later manifolds, Vauxhall modified the seals ect because of this issue with them. I think that both Vauxhall and Saab's have the same problem with the swirl flaps but Fiat who make the actual engine don't as I think they never bothered with them on their cars.

Now regarding my car. Been to the garage and took it out again with obd reader connected. Had to travel about 15 mile before it went into limp. The reader couldn't find any codes, it one of the generic one's. Limped back to the garage and had them put the top jobby thing on and yet again the was only the one fault showing up .... the p0002. Left the engine running while it was done and as soon as it cleared things go back to normal. Really hoping it is going to be the fuel metering solenoid I've order, I can't see it being much else especially injectors as I doubt they code would clear with cropping up straight after clearing.

Let me know how you get on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2