Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Smile Inlet manifold knackered 😷

Right then my inlet manifold decided to die today. Swirl flap is not moving when engine excellerated. I can see the black plastic connectors trying to move but the bar is stationery.

i was under the impression this was an expensive repair in the region of £1,000 but I thought this was mainly for parts however looking on lmf the part is only £210ish brand new. Or is it the labour that makes it so expensive?

other questions are has anyone had the swirl flap removed? I have seen on eBay you can buy them with the flaps already removed and you can buy the removal kit for it. I wouldn't be able to do this myself so whatever I decide to do it will need to be at a garage to get the work done.

if I was to remove the swirl flaps would it be better to get a kit and do it on my current manifold or buy a new one so it isn't all clogged up?

Would it it be better to buy the eBay manifold where the flaps seem to be completely removed not just covered up? Link included below...
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/151663186720?nav=SEARCH

any info or advice would be great...feel abit as I was joking the other day saying it hasn't broke on me for a while 😢

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Well a long week and weekend and a few notes later and she's all sorted.

Found a good friend along the way who I will be taking my car to more often as it seems the garage I trusted aren't as good as I thought they were ��

Shes had a new inlet manifold, cambelt kit waterpump and oil and filter change and she's back to her best. Got really lucky with the waterpump though. The man showed me the old unit and if I can tell it was knackered it must have been bad, bearings completely gone and he reckoned 5k tops it would have been goodnight waterpump.