Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

advice needed please guys.

Hi went to write this last night but somehow managed to delete it
    i recently bought a vauxhall zafira 1.9 cdti 150 and have had it remapped due to previous problems of the dpf being blocked and really bad mpg ie 32
    it was done by midland remaps who did a diagnostic on the car first and said that there was 2 Fault codes,one was relating to the dpf fault and the other was related to low boost pressure or something along those lines.I did the DPF removal as promised along with the deletion of the reGen mode and the deletion of the EGR valve.
    once this was done he took it out for a test drive and came back saying that one of the original codes to do with the vacuum leak would not go out and it was causing the turbo to Stop boosting over around 2.5k to 3k

i can tell you all the other little fiddler bit afterwards as this is taking up too much space but the short of it now is my mpg isn't very good still the turbo makes a whining noise like a police car which i've been told is now due to their being no back pressure as there is no dpf internal and when the turbo is pushed it makes a weird Warbling noise and get a dump valve chatter when changing gear along with the code p2279 air system intake leak

got it booked in at puma build birmingham For the diagnosis but i would really appreciate any information given to save my time and cash

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      2005 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI 150
      smoke test the system, if theres any leak or splits pipes smoke will come out in them places

OK thanks for the reply, how do I do this? Is it a Diy thing and would a leak be the reason for bad mpg.

Any slighy vacum leak or air leak will cause no end of
      problems and fire up codes... Sometimes codes that mean nothing... Hate to say it but sounds like tubos on its way

... Hate to say it but sounds like tubos on its way out[/QUOTE]

that don't sound good. Do you know of anyone else who's had the dpf removal procedure done and had a whiny turbo afterwards. Really starting to miss my megane now.

Hi just an update to this thread and possible help to others with the p2279 and p0105 error codes and the problems I described above.

The end result was a jubilee clip on the main boost pipe into the turbo and a faulty MAP sensor which lasted 20 odd days from new.I chased this problem all around the engine bay cause the last place you would look is the first thing that I replaced.

I think I will only ever get original parts from now on unless it's gospel that others will work but all this was down to a cheap alternative map sensor that the chip came away from the main body I will post pics of the faulty part as soon as I figure how

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      Glad you got it sorted matey, if you want to know how to post pictures up then check out the how to's section, theres a guide in there on what to do, if you have an tablet or smart phone then just download the tapatalk app and its very simple on there, its almost like using facebook.

Noticed you're in WV1, whereabouts in WV1 ? Near town ?

Noticed you're in WV1, whereabouts in WV1 ? Near town ?[/QUOTE]
      (From Willenhall) just off the deans road by the vic pub, before you go under the bridge towards new cross hospital.

Sorry it took ages I forgot about uploading them but here's the images of the faulty part. Like I said the boost pressure had pushed the chip out away from the body as it was only held in by a small amount of black resin.