Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Attempted the remove the egr today, ended up cracking the fuel pressure sensor socket!

Went to the local motor shop, don't do them
    Rang euro car parts, don't do them
    Rang vx, sensor and fuel rail just shy of a grand plus vat! Sensor alone was 650 plus vat

Went on eBay, got it for £15 delivered, bargain!!!!!!

Plan is to get that on and whip the egr off at the same time for a good clean out as its held onto the manifold by a band clamp

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Bloody hell i mate wasnt expecting you to say you got one that cheap after seein vxs price! Fair play mate hope
      u sort it... Is egr clogged up then mate or just cleanin it anyway?

As I broke that plug I stopped messing with it, however the blank I had made hadnt held so I've put a stronger one in place now

Nick came to jump it this morning, I've killed the pressure sensor!

Looking into the future of the car with mods too, looking at a map he end of he month hopefully and the the egr mapped out, looking at the smaller mods too while I tidy the body as best I can

Might be cancelling Germany too to concentrate on this plus something else that's come up

Well I've had a mad few days

Found out my dads cancer is back worse than last time, so I'm now not going to germany this year and doing pvs instead

I've had my parts arrive including a proper blanking plate, currently left the engine stripped, egr is finally off, it was well and truly seized shut, so I've persuaded it to open, soaked it in carb and brake cleaner, cleaned it out, then soaked it in penetrating oil and it's moving free again, had trouble with 2 bolts holding the fuel rail in so getting them out tomorrow, changing the fuel rail and sensor, refitting it all with the blanked egr, ive cleaned out the boost sensor too

Once that's up and running I can look at sorting other bits out

Started work on the paint and have cleaned up the headlights too now so I have headlights that work again

Sorry to hear about ur dad m8 i hope all goes well with him and hope all gets sorted with ya car you have had a fair bit of trouble with aint ya and ya only just got it

Yh I think it's testing me, so this time I've just decided to get my hands dirty and sort it out. Couldn't believe how bad the egr was, I had to force a small lever under the valve to pop it open, was sticking open then too

It's still soaking in 3 in 1 oil now so I know it'll be ok

Vehicle
      2005 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI 150
      Mr Muscle oven cleaner is good, made mine look brand new and all shiney

Well it's back up and running, no limp mode and no eml

But something intake side is leaking, either the intake where it splits or the egr pipe but I'll take a look after the fast show now

A week on and all is still good, ran well to the fast show and back, showed a few cars up on the m6 too! Think the run has cleared it out too. I'm getting a random car and spanner pop up on and off but been told that's because ive blanked the egr now

Finally getting to know how it drives properly, and gotta admit I'm enjoying the torque, it's easily quicker than the zaf was

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast