Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Can 2014 Bumper and headlamps be retro fitted onto 2012 Insignia?

Folks,

Can a 2014 Bumper and headlamps be retro fitted onto 2012 Insignia or are there differant conections on the lamps, / differant attachment points for the later bumper.

Also in the mean time, what after market bulbs would you recomend for the DRLs, sidelights and main bean on the 2012 headlamps to give (legal) clear/white light rather than the yellow effect?

Thanks,

AG

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      They generally don't change the mounting points as its too costly to alter the bodywork, it's usually just an update to the bolt on parts only so although I'm not 100% confident that they're cross compatible, chances are they will fit. Get some pictures of each part you want to change and see if they look the same, you'll get a good idea from that to start you off. As for lamp connections, that's easily remedied with different connectors and good quality soldered connections covered with heat shrink sleeving.

Vehicle
      Various
      As Chris said above. From what I've seen they dont really change the mounting points. They may change the shape of the wing for example but then like with a lot of conversions you may have to change the wings, bumper and maybe the bonnet. Best to look at the pre facelift and facelift at different angles and see whats different first other than the obvious things.

i think as above youll need to change the entire front end