Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New tyres for the car

Evening all noticed earlier this week my tyres are running low on tread probably got a few months left in then as only do low mileage and they didn't flag up on mot at all but the edges are also starting to crack too!

Ive looked online at national tyres and they do four Avon zv5 xls for 380ish usually my local one gives me abit of money off but I would like all four the same and don't want dirt cheap tyres however I'm not terribly fussed about spending big bucks either i had two a one on the front nearly 3 years ago now and they are decent tbh

does this seem like a good deal? I've had a look at black circle thinking if I do it in advance I might save some money but it said no tyres available on search? Anywhere else people would recommend either off the net or not too far to travel from kiddy

• Advertising

advertising
      Diagnostics.org.uk
      has no influence
      on advertisments
      that are displayed by
      Google Adsense

What tyre size are thay and what brand u looking for

Well the black circle website came back with two options but the first was for the 17inch wheels I was looking for
      225/40R18 W 92 tyres if that's correct for the 18inch pentas?

The quote I got was for Avon...I'm not massively bothered about brands but I went with Avon previously because I had them on my last car and they were good quality lasted and weren't expensive. Somewhere in the region of 400 max would be good for me but cheaper for just as good quality is obviously better

Vehicle
      Astra H 1.9CDTI
      I've used http://www.camskill.co.uk a couple of times now, really good prices and fast delivery BUT just lately I've phoned round the local tyre places before committing to Camskill. I managed to get Dunlop SP01's 225 40 18's fitted for £95 per corner. Obviously there are cheaper tyres available but as you said I wanted them all matching.
      [MENTION=3]Gairo[/MENTION] has Nankang NS2's fitted if I remember correctly an he's happy with them. So maybe look at those as a cheaper alternative.

Vehicle
      Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
      I have had NS2's but I've been running Achilles ATR Sport for the last 12 month's and they are brilliant for the money, 40 quid a corner and they're still going strong after nearly 10k miles

Hmm 40 quid a corner sounds good! Haha I looked on cam skill and for the zv5s I'd save 80 quid on price but the. Getting my somewhere to fit them would probably cost a decent chunk of that 80 savings so guessing it would be less hassle to just get it done at the garage rather than order them and finding somewhere to fit them afterwards

Vehicle
      Astra
      i run vredestein ultrac sessantas on mine, really good tyres, and i always buy from camskill, cheapest for me inc. popping to garage to get em fitted

Vehicle
      Astra Sporthatch 1.8 SRI XP
      Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
      i run vredestein ultrac sessantas on mine, really good tyres, and i always buy from camskill, cheapest for me inc. popping to garage to get em fitted
      Same here! Just got another pair to go on the back, wicked tyres

Toyo t1r for me.. Crap in the wet for my power but in the dry immense grip!

Maxxis maz3 on mine, really good wet or dry

They smoke up nice too lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast