Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed

Hybrid View

Angry Annoyed

Someone at some point fitted cheap aftermarket HID's to my car. The bulbs ( headlights ) have now expanded in such a way that the only way to remove them is to take the bumper off, which is what the garage is doing now. however they're saying I may need a whole new headlight unit as it's lose and apparently once they're lose they don't clip back in? If they can't fix it would anyone mind coming to have a look at some point over the next couple of days. It's annoying as I work Friday and Saturday nights!

Vehicle
    Astra H 1.9CDTI
    What do you mean they've expanded??

The actual glass on the bulb and expanded due to the heat. Took the crappy aftermarket HID cable out the back and it was burned. I'm not to clued up on headlights and electrical stuff but the bulbs got wider than the whole it got put in through meaning it's stuck basically. Just a total £$@* up.

Vehicle
    Astra H 1.9CDTI
    Blimey! That's **** ain't it. What car have you got?

Corsa D SXI Pre face lift

Vehicle
    zafira b
    It's not a difficult job to remove the clear lens off the light unit and remove the bulb from the other way, the bulb would need to be cut but at least it's out. Total cost is a new halogen bulb.

Thanks So if they say I need a new unit shall I go elsewhere?

Vehicle
    Astra H 1.9CDTI
    There will be plenty of headlight units in scrap yards so it shouldn't cost you a lot to sort it.

If it was me I'd be tempted to try and break the bulb off within the headlight and then shake the bits out or get a replacement.

I'm waiting for a call from the garage. I'll let you know what they say Just annoyed as it's stressing me out as I need my car at the weekend rather than the week due to work and the bulb went on Thursday night.

Lights have been fixed! Happy that's it been done but not sure what the new bulbs will look like at night, at least I can go to work now haha, So which HID kit won't &*%$ up my car if I want some new better ones?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!