(early) Morning all!

Just woke up after realising my car alarm was going off for ages and ages and waking me and probably most of the neighbourhood up. I went rushing out thinking someone had tried breaking in, the indicators were going and the alarms was sounding. Checked around the car no windows broke and no obvious damage to car although it is middle of the night and hard to see. Tried to open the car using the key buttons but nothing happened and as I looked in through the window I noticed the dials and centre console and all lights were coming on and going off ect. I had to open the car by turning the key in the car door and then to turn off the alarm I had to put the key into the car and turn the car electrics on. Unfortunately the clocks carried on doing the same thing turning on and off repeatedly.

I then tried lockin the car and nothing happened all I could do is to turn the key in the door and hope it worked. It seemed to lock all doors ect but I checked the clocks and centre console and they were still coming on for a second or two then going off again.

Now i'm wondering if the battery is just dead and it sets the alarm off? Or is it more likely some beggar has tried and failed to nick the thing?

Any advice [MENTION=3]Gairo[/MENTION] [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] or anyone else who would be able to shed light on what is going on!!

Thanks