Pecky's Vauxhall Decoder

Hybrid View

Vehicle
    Astra H Estate SRI 1.8

Park Pilot (Bosch URF7) retrofitting

Hi Guys,

Just purchased some Bosch Park Pilots URF7 front and rear sensors. Any one fitted these??

Just like to ask if these can be wired into the park pilot switch on the dash to turn them on or off? The front sensors come with a switch already but wonder if I could bypass this and use the original park pilot switch?

Cheers

Vehicle
    Astra 1.9 16v CDTi SRi XP+ Power Red Estate
    Dave, do you already have genuine park pilot rear mounted sensors fitted to the car ?

Vehicle
    Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
    Hi Chris,

No I don't have the original sensors. Have been looking for the oem ones with loom and everything but cannot find one, so with Bosch manufacturing the oem ones thought I'd go down with the URF7 route and see if they could be retro fitted to the PP switch. If not then the rears would be fitted to the reverse light and the fronts to the switch and place on the dash somewhere?

Vehicle
    Sounds like a lot of hassle lol, I have the park pilot module and the switch in the car, what I don't have is the sensors or the loom else they would have been fitted a long time ago

Vehicle
    Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
    Hi Chris,

Thought any Bosch sensor would work i would think? Just getting hold of the oem loom! Thats why with Bosch doing the oem ones I thought that the URF7 loom may work if it was wired into the car somehow? I know it goes to the module, but then is it wired into the REC? Wonder if [MENTION=4]Pecky[/MENTION] could cast some light onto this?

Vehicle
    Be interesting to find out if they were cross compatible.

Vehicle
    Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
    No idea i'm afraid, I don't get involved with non OEM stuff if I can avoid it.
    Richard Peck
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors

Vehicle
    Astra H Estate SRI 1.8
    Hi Guys, Been looking on the net and the retro pack from Vauxhall consists of the 4 sensors, module, speaker and harness. Which really is the same as the URF7 kit (rear) and they come with the fixings.
    Then there is a wiring harness from the module to the REC (93173965). Would this harness still work with any Bosch PP module (ie URF7)? as I cannot see them changing the workings in the module for every car they supply?

Cheers

Vehicle
    Insignia 2.0 Biturbo 4x4
    They so change the firmware in a lot of things as each manufacturer will have slightly different canbus systems and addresses. Only way to find out is to fit it.
    Richard Peck
    www.diagnostics.org.uk

Availability & bookings here

Insignia 2.0 Bi-Turbo 4x4. AFL, Sport Leather Pack, Embedded Bluetooth, DAB, Navi 900, Infinity Sound, 20" Alloys, VXR Styling pack, Dual Climate, TPMS, Power fold mirrors, electric rear windows, Sight & Light Pack, Front & Rear Parking Sensors